Gifts for LOR writers during pandemic

Hi everyone, I want to show my LOR writers some appreciation but given what is happening right now I'm not sure how other than a nice email. Does anyone have any ideas? I was thinking of an instacart gift card since everyone is stuck inside right now and it can be hard to get groceries, or maybe just waiting til this is all over to get them something. But that could be quite a while... :( 

Maybe a small gift card to one of their local coffee shops near them! They may not be able to use it right away, but it helps support small business too. I also liked the groceries idea!  

Edited by slptobe!

Once I make my final decision (which is terrifying to think has to happen in a few short days), I was originally going to give them really cute handmade thank you cards.  With the current situation, I'm going to cobble together some sort of digital personalized thank you announcement/letter type thing that's printable in case they want to add it to their collection of thank yous from students and give them an IOU for some kind of gift with that school on it once I get there (since by then things should have calmed down to the point that it'd be safe to send them something).  That way, they get something now that shares the joy and gratitude and they can make it tangible if they want, but gives them something to look forward to in a few months.

42 minutes ago, slptobe! said:

Maybe a small gift card to one of their local coffee shops near them! They may not be able to use it right away, but it helps support small business too. I also liked the groceries idea!  

This. A gift card to a favorite local coffee shop, book store, etc. is a great option, and the recipient may be able to redeem the gift now, depending on the route you take (restaurants still doing delivery/take-out, shops still doing online orders).