I just received an email from the CSDCAS stating that some programs are accepting more applications. Why do you think that is? I would think each school would be full by now or have waitlists with students waiting to be accepted. This is my first round of applications so I am wondering if this is normal or due to COVID. 

I don't think this normal. I'm 99% sure it's due to people delaying attending school because of COVID. I feel like there are a lot of people out there who would rather delay a year than risk having to take online classes. But hey, it's potentially good news for people who didn't get in this round but would still like to start this fall :)

3 hours ago, ab316 said:

I don't think this normal. I'm 99% sure it's due to people delaying attending school because of COVID. I feel like there are a lot of people out there who would rather delay a year than risk having to take online classes. But hey, it's potentially good news for people who didn't get in this round but would still like to start this fall :)

I think this might be as well, a lot of students are considering deferring right now. 

On 5/13/2020 at 1:14 PM, Cece93 said:

I just received an email from the CSDCAS stating that some programs are accepting more applications. Why do you think that is? I would think each school would be full by now or have waitlists with students waiting to be accepted. This is my first round of applications so I am wondering if this is normal or due to COVID. 

Yep I received that email as well from CSDCAS. I think some programs that are not traditionally online/hybrid are getting deferments. This is just my assumption. I checked out the list of programs that are still accepting applications right now for Fall 2020 and it looks like a lot of newer/less established programs make up that list. 

Only some of them opened not all. They extended the deadlines but the majority already had deadlines past April 15th or were rolling prior to COVID. I did notice a few changed to rolling though. This is my first time applying so I can't really say what's normal or not, but maybe COVID is a factor I can't say for certain.

Edited by futurespeechpath1

I was very confused by this because I am still on the waitlist for one of those schools and they re-opened the application until the end of June. It makes me really upset that its now open again even though people on the waitlist haven't been contacted. I dont think its fair to take in more applicants if there are still people on the wait list. :(

9 hours ago, wannabslp11 said:

I was very confused by this because I am still on the waitlist for one of those schools and they re-opened the application until the end of June. It makes me really upset that its now open again even though people on the waitlist haven't been contacted. I dont think its fair to take in more applicants if there are still people on the wait list. :(

That was the part that confused me the most. Why don’t they just accept people off the waitlist or contact some they out right rejected? Obviously those people want to go to their school. It’s really interesting to be honest.

13 hours ago, popcornlover722 said:

Yep I received that email as well from CSDCAS. I think some programs that are not traditionally online/hybrid are getting deferments. This is just my assumption. I checked out the list of programs that are still accepting applications right now for Fall 2020 and it looks like a lot of newer/less established programs make up that list. 

That makes sense! Thanks!

4 hours ago, Cece93 said:

That was the part that confused me the most. Why don’t they just accept people off the waitlist or contact some they out right rejected? Obviously those people want to go to their school. It’s really interesting to be honest.

14 hours ago, wannabslp11 said:

The new applicants are being considered alongside those on the waitlist. At least Indiana State has said this on their website. Maybe contact the schools and ask if that is what they are also doing?

Edited by futurespeechpath1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2020 at 5:08 PM, futurespeechpath1 said:

The new applicants are being considered alongside those on the waitlist. At least Indiana State has said this on their website. Maybe contact the schools and ask if that is what they are also doing?

That’s good to hear!!