North Carolina State, UT-Knoxville, and UNC-Wilmington offer funding packages to some students! @cruel optimism also shared this list of MAs with info on their funding packages a while back: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XZ7ejtJETaRH7ufh2O1S21HOeTTy9EYgi7Z5vUHCRLI/edit#gid=0

Edit: This information was accurate as of last app cycle, but I'm not sure how COVID-19 will impact funding for future MA students. I'd definitely check with the departments that interest you to see if funding is still available for the upcoming cycle. 

Edited by karamazov

• 3 weeks later...

Duquesne University and Wake Forest University both fund some of their MA students. I did my MA at Wake and I'm a PhD candidate at Duquesne, So let me know if you have any questions about either.

• 1 month later...

The chart is really good. Just adding in some anecdotal info:

- An o-so-gentle plug for UConn. Traditionally all terminal MAs are fully funded with a full waiver, good insurance, and a pretty generous stipend. Teaching load is 2:2, which is unusually high, but I don't mind since the stipend is competitive and affords greater than subsistence living in the area

- Purdue fully funds with a good stipend

- Villanova seems to give full funding (full waiver + stipend) to a select number of those it admits. For example, one year I got no funding, the next I got a full waiver but no stipend. I know there are people on this forum who attended with a full waiver and stipend, but it seems like they offer full packages to a select number of those they admit. Could be wrong about this though

- Can confirm that Georgetown is now fully un-funded 

• 1 month later...

Thanks all for the above info, much much much helpful.  

It's so wild for me to see english and comp lit have funded MA programs as it's so rare to find them in Philosophy.  I would think there would be some consistency there considering they're both humanities but I guess not.