Is it worth applying this year at all?

I've been patiently biding my time, building up my profile ready for this application season.... but obviously the world is very different to what it was then. 

There is great uncertainty about funding prospects, what courses will look like, what cohorts will look like... 

I know where I'm applying (Georgetown MSFS, GWU Elliot, Harvard Kennedy, Princeton). 

It has been my plan for a very long time to apply this year, but now I'm not sure. I'm sure others must be having similar thoughts - what are you thinking? 

I'm feeling a little anxious about the application cycle, but I'm following through because I know putting the application process one more year is not ideal in my situation. I'm not as anxious about financial prospects at the moment, but that may change once offers come in (or don't.) Are you leaning towards a certain direction at the moment?

On 8/4/2020 at 8:39 PM, niceswing said:

Oddly events this year have actually served as the motivation for me to apply

I can understand that! Everywhere you look there is a need for better-informed decision makers. 

9 hours ago, Twiste said:

I'm feeling a little anxious about the application cycle, but I'm following through because I know putting the application process one more year is not ideal in my situation. I'm not as anxious about financial prospects at the moment, but that may change once offers come in (or don't.) Are you leaning towards a certain direction at the moment?

It sounds like it makes sense to apply in your instance. I also don't really want to delay another year... I just deeply dislike the uncertainty. Everyone is dealing with that uncertainty though, so perhaps I just want to have my cake and eat it too! 

I'm still intending to apply at this point, I'm just significantly less enthusiastic than I was. I'm also keen to see how these schools will deal with the GRE issue. Let's hope the admission's gods are kind this cycle. 

• 2 weeks later...