Trudeau 2021

Adelaide9216

Just now, eliisebrownn said:

I wish I could tell you, but their scoring system is a freaking enigma. 

I agree with the previous theory that the scores are possibly only the scores assigned to the 2 recommendation letters. All the max and min scores posted here average out to the average score.

1 minute ago, qeta said:

I agree with the previous theory that the scores are possibly only the scores assigned to the 2 recommendation letters. All the max and min scores posted here average out to the average score.

What do you mean -- that its just our recommendation letter score and not the rest of the application?

3 minutes ago, eliisebrownn said:

What do you mean -- that its just our recommendation letter score and not the rest of the application?

Yes, I think so. The application had more than two parts, so I feel like two scores could only correspond to the two recommendation letters.

Edited by qeta

4 minutes ago, qeta said:

Not necessarily. It may be that two reviewers scored your application. That's how it works at SSHRC. I asked them for my score and saw that two reviewers scored me.

Just now, officehours said:

Not necessarily. It may be that two reviewers scored your application. That's how it works at SSHRC. I asked them for my score and saw that two reviewers scored me.

Ooooh, good theory. It seems like the scores have been there for a while though. I only discovered how to look at them today, so I dunno.

28 minutes ago, officehours said:

SSHRC has two reviewers, and if their scores differ too much (say, 10 points, but I can't remember what the number is) a third score will also be given. Just FYI if anyone was wondering about their process.

1 minute ago, BriJaxRN said:

I have to say, I’m very thankful for this community!  Misery really does love company LOL ? 

I really appreciate it too. My imposter syndrome greatly appreciates that other people are going through the same thing. 

29 minutes ago, BRCR61 said:

So should we call it a night, then? Hope they let us know tomorrow? 

I'm still checking while knowing there's no point. So glad I took the day off from working today for unrelated reasons.

1 minute ago, Polisci_2016 said:

I just got my email saying I have been named  semi finalist! I am completely shocked right now!

Congratulations!! If you don't mind me asking, what were your scores on the portal and has the status changed on there for you?

Edited by qeta