Paying for post-baccalaureate program

Hello all, 

This may sound like a dumb question, but are post-baccalaureate programs paid through graduate loans or undergrad loans? I've used all of my undergrad loans and I'm not sure if I'm going to be able pay for a post-baccalaureate program. Has anyone gotten a grad loan for their post-baccalaureate program? 

Hi! Yes, you can pay for graduate programs using loans that are specifically for graduate school. I believe those loans are capped around $100k, not counting what you have from undergrad. However, I think most programs (highly depending on field) offer assistanceships or fellowships to help cover the cost of their program and/or offer tuition waivers. For more information check out The Bank forum.

19 hours ago, FutureLMHC said:

Hi! Yes, you can pay for graduate programs using loans that are specifically for graduate school. I believe those loans are capped around $100k, not counting what you have from undergrad. However, I think most programs (highly depending on field) offer assistanceships or fellowships to help cover the cost of their program and/or offer tuition waivers. For more information check out The Bank forum.

Thank you soo much!

• 2 months later...

If you're asking about post-bacclaurete, you will need to take out private loans.  I am in the same boat.  I am currently a post-bacc student and was told that I was close to maxing out on my stafford subsidized and unsubsidized loans.  At the idaho state university post-bacc program, you cannot qualify for any scholarships while in this for speech therapy.  i'm budgeting the end of my UNDERgrad student loans for the current post-bacc program.

I hope this helps.

once you get into grad school, you'll have access to more loans. but the post bacc is an undergrad degree.  the system is so screwed up that they let 17 year old me take out loans. ugh.