2021 Acting MFA thread (??)

koochoo

13 hours ago, banana0808 said:

Anyone audition for University of Houston? If so, have you heard anything?

Hey! I received a callback from University of Houston at the Satellite auditions and was set up to chat with an alumnus of the program a couple days later, but that’s it. I haven’t heard anything since URTAs have ended.

Hello all, 

I’ve been a lurker. This page has been helpful for me in past years. This is my second audition cycle and am 3/4 so far compared to 0/2 (Yale/Brown) last year. It’s been a welcome surprise. I auditioned for UCI, USD, UCSD, and Case Western. I got an initial callback for Case but no final callback email after sending in an video after my audition :/ Trying not to lose hope. Things move so quickly and slowly at the same time. Have a UCSD callback coming up and am now finished with USD callback, waiting for UCI. The finger crossing begins. 

5 hours ago, grlwithadream said:

Hello all, 

I’ve been a lurker. This page has been helpful for me in past years. This is my second audition cycle and am 3/4 so far compared to 0/2 (Yale/Brown) last year. It’s been a welcome surprise. I auditioned for UCI, USD, UCSD, and Case Western. I got an initial callback for Case but no final callback email after sending in an video after my audition :/ Trying not to lose hope. Things move so quickly and slowly at the same time. Have a UCSD callback coming up and am now finished with USD callback, waiting for UCI. The finger crossing begins. 

when did you hear from USD about callbacks? i know they’re seeing people until the 12th at least for initial appointments so i didn’t realize they had sent out callbacks already

***just remembered about the end of day callbacks, i was thinking of the second round March callbacks so ignore me!!!

Edited by attemptedactor

3 hours ago, banana0808 said:

At what point, should you check in with a school you’ve auditioned for? I haven’t heard anything, but it would be awesome to know their approximate timeline.

It’s my understanding that if you got through a series of callbacks, a school will send a rejection email, but Im not really sure about schools without that clear process. I emailed my top choice on Monday asking about timeline and I’ve yet to hear back... 

For USD (for people who have been through the process of auditioning them before) is the end of day a callback? I was confused by their wording at the audition when they said it doesn't mean anything either way? But I was not sure if that was just a curtsey. Just seeing what schools I can mentally cross off my list. Best of luck to everyone :) 

22 minutes ago, Jbee241 said:

USD sent some rejections if that helps others! ( I got mine, lol)

Was it via email or did you get a letter? Last year they sent out actual letters for rejections (kind of a nice gesture honestly), but I'm wondering if they might be handling things differently this year. Just trying to hang on to that last shred of hope haha

Edit: Never mind, went back through my inbox and they did send emails last year. Disregard my question. Hope you had some luck at other schools and thanks for the update.

Edited by ColdAsAnyStone
Answered my own damn question