2021 Acting MFA thread (??)

koochoo

5 minutes ago, heyyyy said:

Is this for Old Globe? 

Correct. I have not gotten anything yet, but last year they sent out rejections via mail and email (I don't remember if it also showed up on the application portal) so there's where to look. To answer your other question, at my audition they said that end of day callbacks would be very limited this year, so I'm inclined to believe that they mean it when they say it's not indicative of your status. They said something similar last year and mentioned they've accepted plenty of students who were not called back at the end of their timeslot. If you got one, that's likely a positive sign, but I wouldn't write it off if you didn't get one. I'd expect if you aren't called back for the weekend callback however, that it's likely you won't be accepted.

1 hour ago, ColdAsAnyStone said:

Correct. I have not gotten anything yet, but last year they sent out rejections via mail and email (I don't remember if it also showed up on the application portal) so there's where to look. To answer your other question, at my audition they said that end of day callbacks would be very limited this year, so I'm inclined to believe that they mean it when they say it's not indicative of your status. They said something similar last year and mentioned they've accepted plenty of students who were not called back at the end of their timeslot. If you got one, that's likely a positive sign, but I wouldn't write it off if you didn't get one. I'd expect if you aren't called back for the weekend callback however, that it's likely you won't be accepted.

My understanding is they aren’t doing a weekend callback! 

33 minutes ago, Jbee241 said:

My understanding is they aren’t doing a weekend callback! 

Historically they haven't done callbacks but in the audition email there's a bullet point that says 

• NEW THIS YEAR!  A second round of Callbacks will occur in March 2021. More details will be sent closer to March if you are called back.

No idea if this has changed or not though. Seems like we would have heard by now if we were selected. I sent in my application relatively late so that could be why I haven't gotten my rejection yet.

21 minutes ago, ColdAsAnyStone said:

Historically they haven't done callbacks but in the audition email there's a bullet point that says 

• NEW THIS YEAR!  A second round of Callbacks will occur in March 2021. More details will be sent closer to March if you are called back.

No idea if this has changed or not though. Seems like we would have heard by now if we were selected. I sent in my application relatively late so that could be why I haven't gotten my rejection yet.

Yea, I think they aren’t doing one based on what my coach is saying and several others in that group.
I did submit my app like WAY early (October) so maybe that’s why! But who knows! Fingers crossed for good news for you!

Edited by Jbee241

For USD, they just let me know I'm a finalist! They gave me a call. 

For the audition, they let us know that only 3 people got a callback the entire tour. My friend, who auditioned the day before, got an end of the day callback. I was offered an end of the day callback during the audition, so I guess I was the fourth (if that's true). 

Best of luck to everyone! 

16 hours ago, misscamilla said:

For USD, they just let me know I'm a finalist! They gave me a call. 

For the audition, they let us know that only 3 people got a callback the entire tour. My friend, who auditioned the day before, got an end of the day callback. I was offered an end of the day callback during the audition, so I guess I was the fourth (if that's true). 

Best of luck to everyone! 

As in only 3 end of days or 3 callbacks after end of days? I got an end of day but I haven’t heard any thing from them but heard of at least one person having a callback after end of day I believe 

On 3/4/2021 at 9:57 AM, grlwithadream said:

As in only 3 end of days or 3 callbacks after end of days? I got an end of day but I haven’t heard any thing from them but heard of at least one person having a callback after end of day I believe 

I'm in the same boat! I received a callback at end of day and haven't gotten any emails or calls. I'm hoping to hear something soon- my anxiety is through the roof haha

1 hour ago, grlwithadream said:

Is it still silent for you? 

Nope, I received an email yesterday afternoon saying that I was among their finalists, but that they have now completed their selection process. I hope the fact that you haven’t heard is a good sign, but it sounds like they’ve wrapped up!

2 hours ago, lyoung said:

Nope, I received an email yesterday afternoon saying that I was among their finalists, but that they have now completed their selection process. I hope the fact that you haven’t heard is a good sign, but it sounds like they’ve wrapped up!

Is it totally inappropriate to say I feel like I might puke. Thanks for the update though. It helps 

22 hours ago, At1850 said:

Anyone heard from NYU? 

Haven't heard anything yet, I don't think decisions have gone out yet. I was told to give it two more weeks...which is strange because I remember from Callback Weekend being told we would hear something that week or this week. So, maybe everything is just running slower because of COVID..?? Who knows. But glad to know I am not the only one who hasn't heard anything because this waiting is AWFUL! 

On 3/18/2021 at 1:25 PM, Pasolini said:

Haven't heard anything yet, I don't think decisions have gone out yet. I was told to give it two more weeks...which is strange because I remember from Callback Weekend being told we would hear something that week or this week. So, maybe everything is just running slower because of COVID..?? Who knows. But glad to know I am not the only one who hasn't heard anything because this waiting is AWFUL! 

BUMP!

On 3/16/2021 at 2:56 PM, attemptedactor said:

apparently some people have been accepted. i emailed last week to check in about my application and didn’t hear back ?

I just got an acceptance today, so some folks are still hearing! Not sure if I'm moving forward or not, but feels really good!
Fingers crossed you hear soon!!