Low GPA with publications in CS (HCI) Ph.D application: Please evaluate my profile!

sigmaint

Hi, I hope all of you stay safe in such a difficult situation.

I'm planning to apply to the CS (to be specific, HCI) for the upcoming Fall 2022 semester. I know this might sound a bit 'out of time' question, but I'd like to ask all of you about my profile and gain some insight on my future application process.

I have several top-tier pubs with low gpa, and I'm having trouble looking for some references for my future application. If possible, please give me any of the advice including evaluation of my profile, future direction of improvement, or some possible target schools.

1. Type of student: 3rd year in foreign univ majoring in ECE (ranked top nationwide, top-20 worldwide)

2. Major: ECE / Information science

3. GPA: 3.4 (Top 20% in my department, but I think GPA would be the weakest part in my future application)

4. LOR: pretty strong

5. Research: Worked for 2 years in lab, ACM CHI first-author paper with two co-authored poster and workshop position paper

Thanks in advance!

Edited by sigmaint