Stanford Knight-Hennessy 2020-2021 Applicants

nęm0

17 hours ago, theUniqueOne_v2 said:

I'm done with my app but neither of the two recommenders have sent their recos. I've reminded both anyway.

My recs are in, all I have to do is fisnish writting certain parts. What chances are you giving yourself?

• PsyDuck90 locked and unlocked this topic

Yea, some of their bios are out of this world. But I think they really care about your potential. It may show up as your accomplishments, but it may show up in other ways. Those people who accomplished alot (created school/orgnization), probably had ressources you didnt have. But the question is what were you able to do with the ressources you had. I think thats what the essay is trying to get at, but this is my opinion feel free to chime in, this is why I started this topic.

• 2 months later...

Finalist notification will arrive on Feb 3rd. The interview weekend will be from March 5th-6th. For me, I will be interviewing with both the PhD program and the knight-henessy program at the same time. SInce their interview weekend overlap. I look forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my graduate program invitation but no mention of Knight-Henessy. So, we have to wait until the Feb 3rd oof. But tbh, getting the grad school invite is critical to keeping the dream alive. 

• 2 weeks later...

Results will annouced a week from now!!! WOW we have made it!! I hope yall are excited cause I am! I am also feeling lucky and I want to extend that luck to you!

I hope yall are taking care of yourself! No matter what happens in a week, I wish you the best!

-The wind of freedom blows

On 1/27/2021 at 3:41 PM, GÏD said:

Results will annouced a week from now!!! WOW we have made it!! I hope yall are excited cause I am! I am also feeling lucky and I want to extend that luck to you!

I hope yall are taking care of yourself! No matter what happens in a week, I wish you the best!

-The wind of freedom blows

best of luck everyone and you're absolutely right op ^ 

1 hour ago, gvjcb1000000 said:

Q - does anyone know what the likelihood of being admitted to the grad program is, if you've been selected for the immersion weekend 

I think before immersion weekend people will get the decision from department.

Bioscience PHD interviews are March 3rd-5th, the knight-henessy interview is March 6th. If you are biosciences person, my guest is that the following week you should hear back. Which one comes first? God I hope knight-henessy because it would confirm the other one.

WOOOOOOOOOOW

18 hours ago, gvjcb1000000 said:

Q - does anyone know what the likelihood of being admitted to the grad program is, if you've been selected for the immersion weekend 

I heard from a previous KH fellow that around 95% invited to the immersion weekend ended up getting into their programs

28 minutes ago, gvjcb1000000 said:

Good luck everybody. When do we find out? Just anytime tomorrow?

Last year results were release at 1pm pst. So, I expect a time frame of noon-2pm. They might send an email tonight letting us know when to check.

It might be better to check at the end of the day, just to be safe! :)