GRE score optional

Hello guys, I have an important question and I would be thankful if you help me. If an applicant does not send the GRE test score to the departments that have made the GRE test optional for this cycle, will it be to his / her detriment and reduce his / her chances of being accepted?

I'd say that it wont be used against you if you don't send it in - they'll probably just weigh another aspect of your application more to make up for it (like GPA/letters of recommendation/personal statement). If you have great gre scores, go ahead and send them in if you can financially afford to do so and really think it will boost your application and help your chances. If you don't send it in, and all other parts of your application are great, then you shouldn't worry about it hurting your chances of admission.

Hi guys
Thank you very much for your help. Honestly, my case is a bit complicated. Master's GPA is good, but not a bachelor's. I have almost a lot of conference papers and submissions, and my resume in the research section is relatively good, but on the other hand, I am not at all sure about some things. GRE score is moderate and compare to others is not good and I think it is not suitable for sending at all. I was very confused and a little scared! 

I would like to jump in as well. I'm considering applying to top programs this cycle (Michigan, Princeton, others), but my GRE is on the lower end for these programs, or so I believe (163 Verbal, 165 Quant). Also, my writing score is... bad. Should I send it anyway? Also, I'm not a native english speaker. idk if that changes things?

On 11/13/2020 at 12:27 PM, sherlock holmes/M said:

Hi guys
Thank you very much for your help. Honestly, my case is a bit complicated. Master's GPA is good, but not a bachelor's. I have almost a lot of conference papers and submissions, and my resume in the research section is relatively good, but on the other hand, I am not at all sure about some things. GRE score is moderate and compare to others is not good and I think it is not suitable for sending at all. I was very confused and a little scared! 

Your undergrad GPA is nowhere near as important as your graduate work. It probably isn't even looked at if you have a Master's