Is the NPSIA program 1 yr?

notalurkeranymore

Question

I want to do a joint JD-MA Int'l Affairs but I want to go to NPSIA but not Ottawa Common law (lol) so I'm thinking of doing NPSIA 2021-2022 then go elsewhere for law.  I noticed that one need 5.0 credits (10 one semester courses) to finish without co-op.  Can this be done in one semester? Is it a bad idea to try and take that many classes at once? Any advice is great :)

2 answers to this question

Hello there, I will be applying to NPSIA for 2021 and I attended the info webinar they just had! According to the professor, the NPSIA program MA program can be done in one year but it is very unlikely as it would be a very intense workload, so not many people do finish in such little time. I am assuming by one semester you mean one year! If you do decide to go ahead and attempt to complete it in one year, I wish you good luck!

On 11/24/2020 at 9:27 PM, notalurkeranymore said:

I want to do a joint JD-MA Int'l Affairs but I want to go to NPSIA but not Ottawa Common law (lol) so I'm thinking of doing NPSIA 2021-2022 then go elsewhere for law.  I noticed that one need 5.0 credits (10 one semester courses) to finish without co-op.  Can this be done in one semester? Is it a bad idea to try and take that many classes at once? Any advice is great :)

I am a current NPSIA student, you will hard time doing it in 3 semsters - as summer courses are very limited; if you split courses 4-3-3 as semster you may be able to . But keep in mnd it is a very intense program wth a very high course load. I doing a double masters and I am focusing on that only and I am still really struggling, not to mention if you want to also do your law applications as well it is time consuming. I would consider skipping NPSIA if you are going into law. UofO and NPSIA are very complementary but I know some people who did NPSIA and went to do law somehwere else and they said NPSIA did not help them overall