Online SLP Programs and clinicals/externship placements?

Does anyone know if online programs help with securing or finding clinical/externship placements for their grad students? I'm considering applying to some online SLP programs but I am concerned if I will have to cold call 50 places on my own when it comes to the clinical portion of the program. I've heard of situations where some grad students have to temporarily relocate due to not being able to find placements.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That was my concern too. I didn’t apply to any online programs that would not find my placement. I am currently attending Speech@Emerson and we have clinical coordinators who secure placement for you. I recommend Emerson especially right now when a lot of places (at least in my area) it has been difficult to secure placement due to COVID. 

9 hours ago, KEIM said:

That was my concern too. I didn’t apply to any online programs that would not find my placement. I am currently attending Speech@Emerson and we have clinical coordinators who secure placement for you. I recommend Emerson especially right now when a lot of places (at least in my area) it has been difficult to secure placement due to COVID. 

I applied to ENMU and I'm applying to WKU, both online programs. Emerson has been on my radar and I've heard nothing but good things. I really appreciate that they have rolling admissions and seem organized. I haven't submitted an application yet because I can't get over their price!  :( 

10 hours ago, smarieSLP2b said:

I applied to ENMU and I'm applying to WKU, both online programs. Emerson has been on my radar and I've heard nothing but good things. I really appreciate that they have rolling admissions and seem organized. I haven't submitted an application yet because I can't get over their price!  :( 

Oh yeah, it's expensive! You should accept admission into the most affordable program.