MEDICAL SCIENCES MSc program - FALL 2021- UofT and McMaster University

gradiamarvnd17

Is there a thread for Fall 2021 Medical Sciences program at McMaster University or University of Toronto IMS

I've applied to both the schools for the MSc program and looking to see if there's anyone else on the same boat?

On 12/3/2020 at 1:18 AM, gradiamarvnd17 said:

Is there a thread for Fall 2021 Medical Sciences program at McMaster University or University of Toronto IMS

I've applied to both the schools for the MSc program and looking to see if there's anyone else on the same boat?

Hi

I applied for the MSc Health Research Methodology (Clinical Epidemiology specialization) at McMaster University and PhD Epidemiology at University of Toronto. I have also been looking for a thread from other applicant but I have not seen any yet.

On 12/4/2020 at 1:46 PM, alphadawg said:

Hi

I applied for the MSc Health Research Methodology (Clinical Epidemiology specialization) at McMaster University and PhD Epidemiology at University of Toronto. I have also been looking for a thread from other applicant but I have not seen any yet. 

Hey! Apologies for my late reply, been quite busy. Yeah I haven't seen any threads yet. I will post it here if I see any. I guess we could help each other along this process. Are you a local student or an International student?

2 hours ago, gradiamarvnd17 said:

Hey! Apologies for my late reply, been quite busy. Yeah I haven't seen any threads yet. I will post it here if I see any. I guess we could help each other along this process. Are you a local student or an International student?

Yes, we could definitely help each other. I am an international student. How about you?

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/2/2020 at 11:18 PM, gradiamarvnd17 said:

Hi! I'm about to submit my app for the IMS (Institute of Medical Sciences) master's program at UofT! I have also applied to the Medical Biophysics program. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2020 at 2:18 AM, gradiamarvnd17 said:

I also applied to the MSc Medical Science at UofT! Do you have any idea when the earliest round of admission offers are expected to go out? I've talked to previous graduates and they've mentioned getting notified in late April. Since we both applied early in the cycle, I'm wondering if we will be notified earlier as well? 

On 2/8/2021 at 8:03 PM, dorzsec said:

I also applied to the MSc Medical Science at UofT! Do you have any idea when the earliest round of admission offers are expected to go out? I've talked to previous graduates and they've mentioned getting notified in late April. Since we both applied early in the cycle, I'm wondering if we will be notified earlier as well? 

Oh wow April seems really late, especially if you want to secure a supervisor post-admissions... Hopefully we hear back sometime this month? 

3 hours ago, mishell125 said:

Oh wow April seems really late, especially if you want to secure a supervisor post-admissions... Hopefully we hear back sometime this month? 

I hope so as well! I was shocked to hear that some people heard back even later than April. I think the admissions committee meet for the first time in March, but I'm not sure. Hopefully we hear back soon. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, has anyone heard any news yet? I noticed that they updated the IMS website saying that the admission committee will meet starting in February, so I'm assuming that they've had their first meeting? 

I'm trying not to think too much about my application but the anxiety and lack of uncertainty is always constantly in the back of my mind.