The official "Help me get more Dropbox storage" Thread

Dropbox is great, but I also recommend Mozy. It's an online backup service, so if your external backup drive fails (I've had 2 fail on me, an iomega and a SimpleTech), everything important is backed up to the Internet and easily restorable! Like Dropbox, it can also sync to a smartphone, which is awesome, because now I can access alllll my documents from anywhere!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

here's my link for any lurkers that would like to sign up. if you use your .edu email, we'll both get an additional 500 mb of space instead of 250. thank you kindly.

http://db.tt/l3TLR9A8

you can also get more space by sinking dropbox with your smart phone, by watching their introductory videos, and a few other things listed on their website. i managed to increase my space by 0.9 GB in about 10 minutes by doing all their little activities. following them on twitter or facebook will also get you more space. dig it.

Edited by StrangeLight

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just a thought, but why don't more people use SugarSync? You get 5 gb to start, instead of 2, and it works just the same. I've been using it for a year.

No good reason on a personal level, but on a more institutional level several of my professors use dropbox and have shared folders with me, so I need to have a dropbox account anyway. I'd prefer not to have my information spread over many services so I keep everything there.

No good reason on a personal level, but on a more institutional level several of my professors use dropbox and have shared folders with me, so I need to have a dropbox account anyway. I'd prefer not to have my information spread over many services so I keep everything there.

Gotcha :)

Just a thought, but why don't more people use SugarSync? You get 5 gb to start, instead of 2, and it works just the same. I've been using it for a year.

Google Drive is a really nice option as well. Works just like dropbox. And it's easy to share your files with any one that has a gmail account (everyone). 5 gb to start, and their paid upgrade plans are better than dropbox's. Google *also* has a plugin for MS Office which syncs your documents as you work on them in case your system crashes. Dropbox would still be better if you really max out your free storage by facebook spamming and such. I think I stopped at 5gb.

(if this has been mentioned before in the thread, tl;dr)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...