UPenn Fels MPA 2021- Did anyone get this admitted/transcript request email today?

FrenchFry22

Hi all,

I just received an email from Penn's College of Liberal and Professional Studies about an hour ago that says the following:

"Subject: Penn LPS – Transcript Policy Reminder

Dear [my name],

Congratulations again on your acceptance to the Fels Institute, Master of Public Administration, MPA Full-time Program.  Our records indicate that we have not yet received all of your official transcripts. Per our transcript policy, you must submit final official transcripts of all previous academic work.  For students who have been accepted to an LPS Post-Baccalaureate or Graduate program, official transcripts must include degree conferral.

Please check your transcript status by logging into your Admissions Portal and reviewing the checklist.  Further information regarding what constitutes an official transcript can be found HERE.  

If the option is available, please request your final official transcripts be sent electronically to lps-admissions@sas.upenn.edu. Electronic submission of transcripts improves tracking and reduces processing time.  

Please feel free to contact our office should you have any questions or if you feel you have received this message in error: lps-admissions@sas.upenn.edu or 215-746-6906. We will be happy to assist you.

Best regards,

College of Liberal and Professional Studies
University of Pennsylvania
www.sas.upenn.edu/lps"

I am curious if anyone else received this email today and if they also believe it may be a mistake? My Admissions Portal still says that my app is "under review" and I was never originally notified of an admission decision at all prior to receiving this email (hence why I am skeptical about the "Congratulations *again*" part). I have emailed admissions about this as the instructions said to do in the email, but it looks like they will not be open until next week. Any thoughts or ideas in the meantime?? Thanks in advance!

Update: they sent an email that apologized for the technical error on their end and that the transcript reminder wasn’t supposed to be sent. They also said to check the portal for the most recent application status (which is obviously still the same as before).

Not sure how they could mess up like this. 

Edited by FrenchFry22

• 2 months later...
On 1/1/2021 at 7:23 PM, FrenchFry22 said:

Update: they sent an email that apologized for the technical error on their end and that the transcript reminder wasn’t supposed to be sent. They also said to check the portal for the most recent application status (which is obviously still the same as before).

Not sure how they could mess up like this. 

Wow this thread is pretty dead. 

I got that too a few months ago and it was disappointing. I got in anyways after that mishap, but it was still annoying. Did you end up getting in?