Rutgers interview?

belief_in_jerks

1 hour ago, SleeplessInSomewhere said:

I got an email from one of the faculty members a couple of days ago letting me know they'd like to interview me. They're doing interviews starting Thursday the 14th

If you don't mind me asking, did the email mention the people who are going to interview you?

7 hours ago, belief_in_jerks said:

If you don't mind me asking, did the email mention the people who are going to interview you?

My understanding is that it's one faculty member interviewing each candidate, so just the faculty member who emailed me, it wont be a full committee 

3 hours ago, SleeplessInSomewhere said:

Finished my interview with Rutgers. They said they'll be meeting at the end of the month and probably sending out offers sometime in Feb. Anyone heard a different timeline estimate from their interviewers?

Same timeline for me as well. How did it go for you? It seemed very standard-procedure-like to me, like the faculty interviewer is just going through a checklist. He seemed generally unfazed too... Not sure if I should be nervous or not haha

11 minutes ago, jetsetter said:

Same timeline for me as well. How did it go for you? It seemed very standard-procedure-like to me, like the faculty interviewer is just going through a checklist. He seemed generally unfazed too... Not sure if I should be nervous or not haha

Did the interviewer ask you any questions? I was asked to make a self-introduction and nothing more

3 hours ago, SleeplessInSomewhere said:

Finished my interview with Rutgers. They said they'll be meeting at the end of the month and probably sending out offers sometime in Feb. Anyone heard a different timeline estimate from their interviewers?

Same, my interviewer said I'd hear from them in several weeks

Edited by belief_in_jerks

45 minutes ago, belief_in_jerks said:

Did the interviewer ask you any questions? I was asked to make a self-introduction and nothing more

Yeah, that was essentially it. Tell me a bit about yourself, what your research interests are and so on.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, SleeplessInSomewhere said:

Hello! Not sure how many of the people here who were interviewed got in, but wanted to ask how many have heard rather troublesome things about the department/program...?

I was interviewed but didn't get in. However, I'm hearing awful situations about Rutgers unable to adequate fund its cohort this year.

• 1 year later...

Anyone knows how many interviewees would be admitted in the end? I am so nervous preparing for this interview this year and I realized that they invited a very large group to interview so there will be another cut after interviews… Have no idea how they select applicants after interviews because it seems to be a very short and casual conversation…