How much do Stats PhD receive in funding per year?

This question is for current students. I'm trying to do some budgeting since my income is about to drop significantly (once I start my PhD). 

If you can provide an very rough yearly average through out the 5 years that would be very helpful!  Thank you.

Glassdoor gave a estimate around $27,000 (which seems to match the number provided by OSU of ~$2300/month).  But this could be on the high end? 

Also how much is your stipend when you're a first year student?   

Rice Stats just offered a 9 month stipend of $24,000. I think Columbia Stats offers like $44,000. The NSF graduate research fellowship is like 32,000 a year. So I feel like the range is 20k - 40k depending on where you are with 40k being on the high end and 20k on the low.

CSU Stats offered me a 9 month stipend of $2050/mo, which adds up to $18450 for 9 months. I'm assuming this is on the fairly low end, as I remember looking through past admissions over the years and seeing most stipends around $20-24k+ or so, depending heavily on location. It also appears that many schools require you to pay somewhat large student fees each academic year (over $2k/year at CSU), so that's something to keep in mind.

Offers from Duke, Chicago, Berkeley, and Cornell were between 24-28k for 9 months with a 6k summer stipend, but UNC offered 18k for 9 months. I'll second the point about student fees. Another thing to think about is student health insurance, if you need it. Some schools cover all of it whereas some only cover a portion. The stipend can vary from month to month, however, depending on how you are funded, what your role is that semester (TA vs RA), and if there's been a break or not.

Edited by MLE

If you haven't, you may consider looking through the comments on past years' results in the results search -- I know I tried to document first year stipend offers there, and I think some other people did as well.

MLE's Duke first year offer seems about the same as mine was, so I guess that's stayed constant.  Most of my other first year stipend offers were more 20 K-ish (over 9 months) -- about 20 K at Illinois but with an extra 4-5 K the first year, 20-21 K at Ohio State with an extra 3 K the first year I think, 21 K at UCLA statistics but with 7 K in housing stipend for the first year, and then around 19K at NC State (which was an admit off the waitlist).  Granted, any of those places except UCLA probably aren't anywhere near the housing expenses you'd have in California (which seems to be where all the schools you applied to are, per your signature). 

Thanks everyone. Yea although highly unlikely, I hope one of NSF and DOE CSGF fellowships come through. 

@Geococcyx: Yea there's quite a bit of regional variation in hosting costs within CA as well. Ex: Berkeley is absurd, Riverside is cheap, etc. Regardless of where I end up, I'm very, very glad I have some savings (because I'll need to deplete them). ?