Fully or partially funded Master's in Clinical Psych

PsychBear92

While I'm playing the waiting game, I'm deciding on potential backup plans. I was fortunate to walk away from undergrad debt-free through a series of grants. I'm first-gen college graduate, first to pursue graduate school, so the prospect of taking out loans for my Master's is my biggest deterrent. I saw someone post a list of funded Clinical-related or research-focused Master's programs, but they were mostly in the Midwest. Does anyone know of funded programs in the United States? Any on the west coast?

Many (unsure of the exact proportion) will have *some* funding or funding on an as-needed basis. This may have changed due to COVID, but both the school I did my undergrad at and the school I did my masters at had funded MA programs, even if they weren't officially advertised that way. Instead, I think they said something on their websites or in their grad handbooks on giving funding to MA students where possible. But at my undergrad (midwestern university) that ended up being a fair proportion of students. During my MA (East Coast) I was funded at the highest level. It was more than enough to live on. But this was info you has to look for/ ask about.

You might want to take a look for MA programs you're interested in, then look at their websites/programs for funding info. Or contact their admins or graduate coordinators to ask about funding for MA students. They could definitely have something avaliable. 

New Mexico Highlands? University of the Pacific (behavioral approach)? Sorry this isn't much help, but I hope it helps and good luck! I looked at my list and provided the schools in or near west coast that I think have some funding, at least according to the websites or handbook. I did not really look that much in the west coast, so I am sure there must be others.

Edited by K3lD1Psych

I currently am getting my MS in general psychology at New Mexico Highlands and I cannot recommend the program enough. I work closely with the Clinical faculty and all of my peers are in that track so while I am not currently pursing the clinical track I have knowledge of it. Tuition is pretty cheap (in my opinion) but the department does everything they can to give the students graduate assistantships to fully fund/partially fund tuition costs; I have only spent $1,000 my 4 semesters being funded for every single one, but again that is up to how much you are willing to spend and you might have slightly more costs. The faculty is amazing and the best group of colleagues and mentors I could have asked for. The professors are very research oriented and are very perceptive to ideas and potential chances for publications/presentation. Saw this thread and thought I would just throw that in there because making the connections I have made at this school will be with me through my professional life so I deeply recommend the school :)