CSULB MSW 2021 App

Cnhl19

My reference forwarded me an email saying that the school of social worker had matched that reference to my application. I'm not sure about the other 2 references. I haven't heard anything from the school either.

On 1/29/2021 at 6:10 PM, Cnhl19 said:

Have you heard anything yet? 

No. Nothing at all. 

people have been getting accepted since the beginning of January. One of my friends got in and there’s a Facebook group where several people have been accepted as well

5 minutes ago, SWinLBC said:

No. Nothing at all. 

people have been getting accepted since the beginning of January. One of my friends got in and there’s a Facebook group where several people have been accepted as well

Wow really?! That’s awesome but that makes me even more nervous since I haven’t heard anything either. Let’s hope we hear something soon. What’s the name of the Facebook group? 

3 hours ago, Cnhl19 said:

Wow really?! That’s awesome but that makes me even more nervous since I haven’t heard anything either. Let’s hope we hear something soon. What’s the name of the Facebook group? 

It’s: California Schools of Social Work MSW Applicant Support Group

If you search “CSULB” you can see all the people who have posted their acceptance. 

yes, it’s definitely making me nervous but I feel slightly better knowing I’m not the only one who hasn’t heard anything at all! 

4 minutes ago, SWinLBC said:

It’s: California Schools of Social Work MSW Applicant Support Group

If you search “CSULB” you can see all the people who have posted their acceptance. 

yes, it’s definitely making me nervous but I feel slightly better knowing I’m not the only one who hasn’t heard anything at all! 

Thanks for letting me know! I just joined the page, I’ve been looking for more support groups since I don’t know anyone personally who applied for an MSW. Well I’ll let you know as I hear back! 

13 hours ago, Cnhl19 said:

Thanks for letting me know! I just joined the page, I’ve been looking for more support groups since I don’t know anyone personally who applied for an MSW. Well I’ll let you know as I hear back! 

Yes please do! I’ll let you know if I hear anything as well 

2 hours ago, SWinLBC said:

I finally got the email this morning that my app has been forwarded to the department for review. That took 3 months! At least it’s some progress :)

Congratulations!!! That’s amazing news! Hope you hear good news soon! 

On 2/4/2021 at 9:03 AM, SWinLBC said:

I finally got the email this morning that my app has been forwarded to the department for review. That took 3 months! At least it’s some progress :)

Hi!! Wanted to share that my application was finally forwarded to the department for review today. Hope you hear good news soon!

Congrats! I have still heard nothing and I applied November 13 I think. The reference who submitted the reference form last sent me an email saying they had matched the reference form to my app. I just hope my other 2 references are okay because they both submitted the forms before I submitted my application and I'm talking about weeks before I even submitted. 

On 2/6/2021 at 9:05 PM, gk8 said:

Congrats! I have still heard nothing and I applied November 13 I think. The reference who submitted the reference form last sent me an email saying they had matched the reference form to my app. I just hope my other 2 references are okay because they both submitted the forms before I submitted my application and I'm talking about weeks before I even submitted. 

I'm in the same situation! I applied November 24 and I know one of my reference forms was submitted weeks before I submitted my application as well. I also haven't heard anything from my other reference forms though :(

The last email I received was stating that they were still trying to match my reference forms, so I've been pretty anxious. 

So I JUST checked the status of my application through CSULB's self applicant service and I found out they forwarded my application! I didn't receive an email yet, but when I had checked last week it stated: "We have received the documents needed to determine your University eligibility. The transcripts will be reviewed and if you meet the minimum requirements, your application will be forwarded to your intended CSULB academic department for their review." 

Now it states: "Your application has been reviewed and has been forwarded to your intended CSULB academic department for their review. Every effort will be made to provide you with a timely decision." 

Here is the link if you wanted to check your status as well :)https://www.csulb.edu/admissions/applicant-self-service

9 hours ago, njenni said:

So I JUST checked the status of my application through CSULB's self applicant service and I found out they forwarded my application! I didn't receive an email yet, but when I had checked last week it stated: "We have received the documents needed to determine your University eligibility. The transcripts will be reviewed and if you meet the minimum requirements, your application will be forwarded to your intended CSULB academic department for their review." 

Now it states: "Your application has been reviewed and has been forwarded to your intended CSULB academic department for their review. Every effort will be made to provide you with a timely decision." 

Here is the link if you wanted to check your status as well :)https://www.csulb.edu/admissions/applicant-self-service

Did you get the email yet that your application was complete?

So I got this email. I never even got the 1st confirmation lol. I emailed them and they said they are working on processing my application and decisions will be made through May. My application status says Your application has been reviewed and has been forwarded to your intended CSULB academic department for their review. Every effort will be made to provide you with a timely decision. In the meantime, be sure to check the website of your academic department for departmental deadlines and any additional required documents. Remember to check your email regularly for messages from CSULB regarding admission decisions, any upcoming deadlines, or required documents.

Screenshot_20210213-231659.png

4 minutes ago, SWinLBC said:

Accepted! 

I got an email last week that they were missing two of my references. I reached out to those people and they re-submitted them. I got the email last night that my application was complete. This morning I found out I got in! 

YASSS! Congratulations! ? That's great news!

16 minutes ago, SWinLBC said:

Accepted! 

I got an email last week that they were missing two of my references. I reached out to those people and they re-submitted them. I got the email last night that my application was complete. This morning I found out I got in! 

Congratulations! What are your stats? (if you don't mind sharing).

5 minutes ago, gk8 said:

Congratulations! What are your stats? (if you don't mind sharing).

Graduating with BSW this semester from CSULB. 

3.7 GPA

Currently work with adults with disabilities as an instructional aide. (2 years with agency, 6 months in the position)

Volunteer as a victim advocate on a child abuse response team, responding to cases of child sexual assault (1 year)

Applied 11/12

Accepted 2/18, Advanced Standing - Integrated Health 

1 hour ago, SWinLBC said:

Graduating with BSW this semester from CSULB. 

3.7 GPA

Currently work with adults with disabilities as an instructional aide. (2 years with agency, 6 months in the position)

Volunteer as a victim advocate on a child abuse response team, responding to cases of child sexual assault (1 year)

Applied 11/12

Accepted 2/18, Advanced Standing - Integrated Health 

Okay, thank you. I applied for the 2 yr program and applied around the same time.

4 hours ago, SWinLBC said:

Accepted! 

Congratulations!!! Wishing you lots of success!! 

6 hours ago, SWinLBC said:

Accepted! 

Congratulation! :D 

On 2/8/2021 at 12:53 PM, HelloHello2 said:

A lot of people already got accepted to the CSULB MSW program according to that FB group page.

I applied 11/16, application got forwarded to department 02/02, now it's just the waiting game. Good luck to everyone!

Which facebook group is that? May I please have the name?