BU PiBS/UMD Bisi/UMB

Irene39

2 hours ago, ni2021 said:

what is the status of your online application portal? I heard that, if it’s under program review,that means the application is still under review. If it’s under graduate school review, that means the program is reviewed and in the process of funding

what is your status? Mine says under program review. 

20 hours ago, Irene39 said:

what is your status? Mine says under program review. 

Mine is under program review too. I saw the post of another applicant who was accepted, that the status was changed to under graduate school review.

On 3/15/2021 at 5:39 PM, ood63 said:

My friend received the offer letter for UMD MOCB BISI about same time as you did (she is not on grad cafe) and her UMD portal has not been updated.  Has yours?

Were you able to accept the offer?  Any info would be appreciated!

Congrats!

Congrats! Hi, are you and your friend all domestic students? I applied for this program as an international students and have not heard any update. 

22 hours ago, NiT said:

Congrats! Hi, are you and your friend all domestic students? I applied for this program as an international students and have not heard any update. 

No, my friend is domestic.  Received acceptance letter via email but the portal is still not changed.  The acceptance letter had a link to answer a survey if you were planning to attend or not.  The portal does say "under grad school review" for status and on Monday they added a "app id" number.  Was told by the BISI department that the grad school is using a new application system this year which is what is causing the hold up.

21 hours ago, ood63 said:

No, my friend is domestic.  Received acceptance letter via email but the portal is still not changed.  The acceptance letter had a link to answer a survey if you were planning to attend or not.  The portal does say "under grad school review" for status and on Monday they added a "app id" number.  Was told by the BISI department that the grad school is using a new application system this year which is what is causing the hold up.

Mine is under program review... I have not heard anything from them after the interview. I just saw it in other posts that there's funding issue, and many international students might not get the offer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 1:08 PM, queerorpheus said:

I think that's definitely possible. It seems like the University had some issues with state funding, so the number of people they accept is changing. This might have impacted international students even more than usual.

Hi did you hear anything new from UMD?

11 hours ago, ni2021 said:

Hi did you hear anything new from UMD?

I actually got an offer last night. I am an international student. MOCB is still in the cycle of offering. That is what I heard due to funding issues. 

On 3/26/2021 at 11:48 AM, NiT said:

Mine is under program review... I have not heard anything from them after the interview. I just saw it in other posts that there's funding issue, and many international students might not get the offer.

I got an offer last night from UMD BISI MOCB. I am an international student

2 hours ago, queerorpheus said:

No, I actually turned down my offer last week and accepted at another institution where I got off the waitlist.

When will you decline this offer from UMD?  Could you please do me a favor to refer me to the graduate office? All my other offers rejected me and this my final opportunity...

2 hours ago, queerorpheus said:

No, I actually turned down my offer last week and accepted at another institution where I got off the waitlist.

You mean you turned down the offer from UMD last week and they still sent you offer last night?

14 hours ago, ni2021 said:

You mean you turned down the offer from UMD last week and they still sent you offer last night?

I think you misread who write the messages. I am the one who got offer this week and yes, i am going to accept the offer from umd.

23 hours ago, Irene39 said:

I think you misread who write the messages. I am the one who got offer this week and yes, i am going to accept the offer from umd.

oh sorry I misread. When will you reply to them about accepting the offer? I think maybe you are above me on the waiting iist.