Hertie School 2021 Applications

Ranim Munshi

On 2/1/2021 at 12:10 PM, Ranim Munshi said:

Hey All! I have applied to the Hertie School for their MPP and MIA programs, wondering who else is on the same boat, and if we can share our experiences regarding the process.

All the best!

Hey! I have applied to the Hertie School (MIA 2021-23) as well, and I received my acceptance a couple of days back! I’ve also applied to some of the aforementioned universities in this thread!

Let's connect over LinkedIn! Cheers!

On 2/5/2021 at 10:42 PM, Varad said:

Thank you!

In Europe, I have applied to LSE, Sciences Po and Leiden. I have also applied for MIA at LKYSPP (NUS). But apart from hertie none of the schools have gotten back to me regarding the decision. Still waiting (impatiently)

I hope you get in! All the best!

Hey! That's great to hear! I have also applied to almost the same universities for the MIA program! I'm also still waiting to hear back from them impatiently!! 

12 hours ago, obscurelyalpha said:

Hey! I heard back on my IGYLF application earlier today. Didn't get selected. :( Still hoping I get some financial waiver though!

Did you hear back from them yet?

I also did not get selected. It is available to a very few students :( 

26 minutes ago, aman-02 said:

Hey! I have applied to the Hertie School (MIA 2021-23) as well, and I received my acceptance a couple of days back! I’ve also applied to some of the aforementioned universities in this thread!

Let's connect over LinkedIn! Cheers!

Hey Aman, have you applied to IHEID Geneva as well? Their MIA is supposed to be excellent! 

3 minutes ago, obscurelyalpha said:

Hey Aman, have you applied to IHEID Geneva as well? Their MIA is supposed to be excellent! 

Hey! Yes, I did apply to IHEID! Still waiting for the results!! What about you?

Just now, aman-02 said:

Hey! Yes, I did apply to IHEID! Still waiting for the results!! What about you?

I've applied for their MDev programme. Waiting impatiently to hear back. :P Their website says mid March, some people were told they'd hear back in the first half of March, whereas the application portals mentions second half of March. So I really don't know what and when to expect. ?

25 minutes ago, obscurelyalpha said:

I've applied for their MDev programme. Waiting impatiently to hear back. :P Their website says mid March, some people were told they'd hear back in the first half of March, whereas the application portals mentions second half of March. So I really don't know what and when to expect. ?

YES exactly! I just can't wait! Funnily enough, I made a YouTube video on my channel discussing my experience about applying! :P 

9 minutes ago, aman-02 said:

YES exactly! I just can't wait! Funnily enough, I made a YouTube video on my channel discussing my experience about applying! :P 

Haha. Share link!

Also, what's your background? I've studied law + worked in corporate/finance and social/education for a few years.

I'm in final year of undergrad, pursuing BA (Hons) Political Science! I have some relevant internship experience as well (2 years)

I hail from Delhi, what about you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-soQPl8sA8&list=LL&index=1

There you do! Do consider subscribing! :))

Edited by aman-02

5 minutes ago, aman-02 said:

I'm in final year of undergrad, pursuing BA (Hons) Political Science! I have some relevant internship experience as well (2 years)

I hail from Delhi, what about you?

Also, messaged you the video link!

Ahh, okay! I'm from Bombay, but I did my undergrad in Delhi! Spent 5 years there! :D

Will check the video out, haha!

2 minutes ago, obscurelyalpha said:

Ahh, okay! I'm from Bombay, but I did my undergrad in Delhi! Spent 5 years there! :D

Will check the video out, haha!

Oh, that's great to hear! Where else have you applied tho? 

12 minutes ago, obscurelyalpha said:

Currently, I'm looking at Public Policy at Hertie and LKY + Development Studies at IHEID and IDS Sussex.

What about you?

I've applied at LKY, Sciences Po, IHIED and Oxford.

But hey, are you planning to opt for the dual degree program by Hertie if you end up there? 

Tbh, I am particularly very much interested in that!! 

37 minutes ago, aman-02 said:

I've applied at LKY, Sciences Po, IHIED and Oxford.

But hey, are you planning to opt for the dual degree program by Hertie if you end up there? 

Tbh, I am particularly very much interested in that!! 

I haven't really given it much thought yet ? Trying to wait till I get all responses before I start my stress fest! :P

And sorry, dual degree in what and what? ?

15 minutes ago, obscurelyalpha said:

I haven't really given it much thought yet ? Trying to wait till I get all responses before I start my stress fest! :P

And sorry, dual degree in what and what? ?

Hertie has a great dual degree program wherein you complete your first year at Hertie, and then go on to another university for your final year (they have tie up with some great universities) They also have Integrated Professional Year. It's all on the website.  

Do check it out! 

1 minute ago, aman-02 said:

Hertie has a great dual degree program wherein you complete your first year at Hertie, and then go on to another university for your final year (they have tie up with some great universities) They also have Integrated Professional Year. It's all on the website.  

Do check it out! 

Oh, right -- that! Completely forgot about it. Yeah, with LKY, Munk, LSE etc, no? I'd seen it earlier but I'm not sure about it. Personally, I'm more keen on spending two years in a single place. Don't mind doing a dual degree in one place though, if that's an option. :P

20 minutes ago, obscurelyalpha said:

Oh, right -- that! Completely forgot about it. Yeah, with LKY, Munk, LSE etc, no? I'd seen it earlier but I'm not sure about it. Personally, I'm more keen on spending two years in a single place. Don't mind doing a dual degree in one place though, if that's an option. :P

Yeah, I understand! Let's see now! 

Hey, btw, do you speak German?

39 minutes ago, aman-02 said:

Yeah, I understand! Let's see now! 

Hey, btw, do you speak German?

Naah, I had started with French on Duolingo but gave up after a while like everyone lol. I'm gonna subscribe to French/German once I know where I'm going!

Anyone here who has applied for one of the PhD programs? I applied to the PhD in Governance and wondered when to expect to hear back for interviews or (hopefully not) a rejection.

6 hours ago, obscurelyalpha said:

Naah, I had started with French on Duolingo but gave up after a while like everyone lol. I'm gonna subscribe to French/German once I know where I'm going!

Right, I understand! Do you plan to take it online?

1 hour ago, obscurelyalpha said:

French? IHEID makes you mandatorily take French classes before and during your course. So won't have much say there. :P

lol no, i was talking about German (just in case)