Hertie School 2021 Applications

Ranim Munshi

6 hours ago, Sanyam said:

Yeah. That sounds like a good idea. 

Has everyone accepted the offer or still waiting to hear back from other universities?  

I'm still waiting to hear about financial aid before, but I'm almost certainly going to accept. When more people are confirmed accepting, I can make the fb group!

10 hours ago, Duncan Allen said:

I'm still waiting to hear about financial aid before, but I'm almost certainly going to accept. When more people are confirmed accepting, I can make the fb group!

Hey! Is it possible to make the group so that we all can communicate there?

Trying again, anyone here who has applied for one if the doctoral programmes? I applied for the one in Governance and haven't heard anything since.

2 hours ago, h_lenah said:

Trying again, anyone here who has applied for one if the doctoral programmes? I applied for the one in Governance and haven't heard anything since.

Hi, I think so far, only MIA/MPP applicants have participated in this thread. If it's any consolation, I applied to the MPP and haven't heard back yet :) 

Edited by mk2021

On 3/11/2021 at 5:37 PM, grandparick said:

Has anyone managed to hear something back after the 2nd or 3rd March?

Hi, I just heard back from Hertie an hour ago. I've been offered an admission to the MPP! No news on financial aid/scholarship yet.

On 3/3/2021 at 1:31 AM, The_Immigrant_Albatross said:

I got 50% financial waiver (MPP)! Woohoo! :D

Hey, congrats on it! Can you tell me after how much time of getting the admit did you get to know about it?

20 minutes ago, MadEye said:

Hey, congrats on it! Can you tell me after how much time of getting the admit did you get to know about it?

I heard a month after my acceptance (1 February >>> 2 March), but I don't think it's a fixed timeline. From what I understand, it depends on when the admissions/selection committee sits to decide on applications that determines when you'l hear from them. Do write to them via email and they'll tell you when you can expect to hear back on your application for financial aid.

Just now, The_Immigrant_Albatross said:

I heard a month after my acceptance (1 February >>> 2 March), but I don't think it's a fixed timeline. From what I understand, it depends on when the admissions/selection committee sits to decide on applications that determines when you'l hear from them. Do write to them via email and they'll tell you when you can expect to hear back on your application for financial aid.

Sure, thanks a lot! Will do. I got my admit today but will need to know about it before responding to other universities. 

Just now, MadEye said:

Sure, thanks a lot! Will do. I got my admit today but will need to know about it before responding to other universities. 

Congratulations! :D Which course did you apply for?

After I heard back on my scholarship application (around 20-25 Feb), I wrote to them asking about my application for financial aid. I got a response immediately stating that the admissions/selection committee would sit on 1 March and that the decision would be out in the following week. And that's exactly what happened!

5 minutes ago, The_Immigrant_Albatross said:

Congratulations! :D Which course did you apply for?

After I heard back on my scholarship application (around 20-25 Feb), I wrote to them asking about my application for financial aid. I got a response immediately stating that the admissions/selection committee would sit on 1 March and that the decision would be out in the following week. And that's exactly what happened!

Hey, thanks! DMing since would like a longer conversation :)

Hello, I was wondering if anyone here knew whether the financial aid and scholarship decisions are separate. As in, I have received an email about financial aid, but none about my scholarship application. Wondering if it's the same thing, or if the scholarship decision will come in separately.

15 hours ago, MadEye said:

Hi! Looks like they sent out financial aid emails today. Did you hear from them? And have you also applied for a scholarship?

3 hours ago, mk2021 said:

Hi! Looks like they sent out financial aid emails today. Did you hear from them? And have you also applied for a scholarship?

Hi, yeah got 25% waiver today. Have applied for a scholarship but didn't get the call for interview. Maybe didn't get shortlisted

21 minutes ago, MadEye said:

Hi, yeah got 25% waiver today. Have applied for a scholarship but didn't get the call for interview. Maybe didn't get shortlisted

Hi all! Shooting this question to see if there are any thoughts.

The ones who have received a waiver, how are you planning to finance the balance? 

Thanks!

8 hours ago, mk2021 said:

Hello, I was wondering if anyone here knew whether the financial aid and scholarship decisions are separate. As in, I have received an email about financial aid, but none about my scholarship application. Wondering if it's the same thing, or if the scholarship decision will come in separately.

You'll be informed about financial aid and scholarship separately.

11 minutes ago, The_Immigrant_Albatross said:

You'll be informed about financial aid and scholarship separately.

Thank you for clarifying this! Still have some hope, but it's looking difficult!

On 3/13/2021 at 10:08 PM, DS2849 said:

Hi all! Shooting this question to see if there are any thoughts.

The ones who have received a waiver, how are you planning to finance the balance? 

Thanks!

Hey, am still researching other scholarships and will be speaking with Hertie staff to find out other opportunities. But, I feel, most likely I'll have to finance through loan. What about you?

Edited by MadEye