MIT TPP 2021

techgovpolicy

16 hours ago, gradschoolR6 said:

Has anyone asked admissions how many students will be accepted this cohort?

According to the past years data, I think they accept 30-40 students in a cohort. Correct me if I'm wrong here

But this year may be different, I'm guessing a few students have deferred? So I really don't know if they'll accommodate remaining or increase number of intake. I really hope they increase number of intake, purely by the numbers it increases our chances by 0.000005% I guess haha

I've had the same question for a long time now but never had the chance (more like guts) to ask Ed about this 

2 hours ago, Theconfusedsoul said:

According to the past years data, I think they accept 30-40 students in a cohort. Correct me if I'm wrong here

But this year may be different, I'm guessing a few students have deferred? So I really don't know if they'll accommodate remaining or increase number of intake. I really hope they increase number of intake, purely by the numbers it increases our chances by 0.000005% I guess haha

I've had the same question for a long time now but never had the chance (more like guts) to ask Ed about this 

It seems they admitted only 17 students in 2020, according to this list: 

https://tpp.mit.edu/news/tpp-honors-2020-graduates/

On 3/2/2021 at 5:38 AM, Theconfusedsoul said:

Just out of curiosity, have y'all applied to the EPP program at CMU? I found it quite similar to TPP and have been looking for inputs from others on the program 

Hi @Theconfusedsoul, I'm currently considering EPP and waiting to hear back from TPP/SES. I'm torn because EPP seems to have more of a renewable energy/climate change focus, which is my interest area, but the allure of Cambridge and MIT is also very strong. I think that TPP would be very interesting, but 1) I'm not sure if the SES PhD deviates from it to be too stats-centric for me, and 2) I don't know if I'd take a masters over a PhD. What are you thinking about the two programs?

1 hour ago, macroenergysystems said:

Hi @Theconfusedsoul, I'm currently considering EPP and waiting to hear back from TPP/SES. I'm torn because EPP seems to have more of a renewable energy/climate change focus, which is my interest area, but the allure of Cambridge and MIT is also very strong. I think that TPP would be very interesting, but 1) I'm not sure if the SES PhD deviates from it to be too stats-centric for me, and 2) I don't know if I'd take a masters over a PhD. What are you thinking about the two programs?

Have you applied for masters or PhD at CMU? Also have you heard from them? 

My area of interest is renewable energy/climate change too! I've also applied to UMich SEAS which I've received an offer from in their sustainable systems track. Also, I'm trying to explore the research field (which I never have before, have industry exposure though) as well so I'm wondering which place is the best 

MIT would've been great but my chances are bleak if I have to be frank (low CG, not much research experience). I applied only cause carpe diem 

Personally, I really liked the EPP curriculum though. I'm just honestly worried about funding (CMU seems quite expensive) in the event I do get in others

I've also applied to Science, Tech and Policy at ETH Zurich. Waiting to hear back from them too. I've heard Zurich is quite research oriented. Sadly I'm waiting for all results and just contemplating for the time being

Edited by Theconfusedsoul

So I just noticed someone posted an acceptance for TPP yesterday on the results page.

Has anyone else received an acceptance or rejection or anything?

1 hour ago, Rboyboy said:

So I just noticed someone posted an acceptance for TPP yesterday on the results page.

Has anyone else received an acceptance or rejection or anything?

Can you share the link please?

21 minutes ago, Kambo said:

Can you share the link please?

So I am not sure how to find the link but here is a screenshot.

Also if you search "mit tpp"  on the results page, it should come up as the most recent submission. It does for me.

MIT TPP Admit.JPG

Edited by Rboyboy
Typo

1 hour ago, Rboyboy said:

So I am not sure how to find the link but here is a screenshot.

Also if you search "mit tpp"  on the results page, it should come up as the most recent submission. It does for me.

MIT TPP Admit.JPG

Thanks for sharing the screenshot, somehow I still have a strong hope to get admitted, keeping my finger crossed to all of you. 

Nothing here. However, I have applied for SES (PhD) and TPP. About 9 days ago I received a rejection email from SES and on the email they said that "Please note that, per your request in the SES application, your application is also part of the Technology and Policy Program applicant pool, whose reviews are still in process. TPP admissions decisions are expected around 15 March" So theres still time and hope!! A LOT OF HOPE!!!! 

Best of luck to you all!!

No updates on my side yet. Looks like it's not just one acceptance ... at least 5 people on gradcafe have already been accepted, all on March 4th :(:(:( Given the trend from previous years, it seems like rejections come out a week after acceptances, and they did say all decisions by mid-March ?  losing hope... ugh. Anyone know if they waitlist in between? I'm not sure why the 1-2 week wait between acceptance and rejection unless they ask people for their decisions right away. 

image.thumb.png.c663a991e59673fdad3652db8551a116.png

Dear all, I understand the anxiety we have as it's dream program. Committee is still at work as per what Ed mentioned when I mailed him on 4th March.

I suspect, 3 results mentioned in screenshot above come from same person as the exclamation mark is placed similarly (gap between last word and !) in all the three remarks. 

So don't lose hope. Pray for the best. Best wishes to everyone. 

Screenshot_20210307-063418-01.jpeg