MIT TPP 2021

techgovpolicy

1 hour ago, Believer said:

Dear all, I understand the anxiety we have as it's dream program. Committee is still at work as per what Ed mentioned when I mailed him on 4th March.

I suspect, 3 results mentioned in screenshot above come from same person as the exclamation mark is placed similarly (gap between last word and !) in all the three remarks. 

So don't lose hope. Pray for the best. Best wishes to everyone. 

Screenshot_20210307-063418-01.jpeg

This is the best post I read in my whole life, Thanks so much, you don't know the the push you gave to me, keeping you in my prayers to get in! 

Happy Monday y'all! Just a small "good luck" message to everyone here.

I know I've been refreshing my email as well as this discussion board constantly. @Believer's message at the end of the week gave us a little boost of hope to keep going. 

I'm preparing myself psychologically for the worst but still hoping for some surprise good news. Hope you all are hanging in there! 

P.S. I only applied to one program so it's MIT or bust for me... I applied to the Energy & Environment track, which I believe is a popular one every year. What about you all?

On 3/7/2021 at 7:49 AM, Kambo said:

This is the best post I read in my whole life, Thanks so much, you don't know the the push you gave to me, keeping you in my prayers to get in! 

Thank you so much for the prayers. Much needed. Best wishes to you and everyone. 

1 hour ago, index_match said:

I know I've been refreshing my email as well as this discussion board constantly. @Believer's message at the end of the week gave us a little boost of hope to keep going. 

I'm preparing myself psychologically for the worst but still hoping for some surprise good news. Hope you all are hanging in there! 

P.S. I only applied to one program so it's MIT or bust for me... I applied to the Energy & Environment track, which I believe is a popular one every year. What about you all?

@index_match you have immense courage for having applied only to MIT. My best wishes to you. 

I have applied for information technology stream with focus on data protection frameworks. My background is in electronics and communication engineering with post graduate diploma in cyber laws from India's top law school. 

I am sharing my TPP supplemental essay with the community members here for valuable comments and feedback. I'm not sure if supplemental essay holds same weight as personal statement during adcom evaluation.

Other if interested may share their supplemental essay. 

MIT TPP Supplemental Question.pdf

2 hours ago, index_match said:

Good luck to you too my friend. I too was someone who was just applying to TPP but realised that was a little too farfetched for me haha 

Then I applied to a couple more but that's it. I too applied to energy and environment track as I have a background in renewable energy (working on energy storage systems both as distributed networks and centralised systems) 

Fingers crossed, hope at least a few of us get in (this forum keeps me a bit sane so thanks everyone)

1 hour ago, RM97 said:

Any news, guys?

Wrote to Ed just to check, received the same response as others on this thread. 

--

"The work of the TPP Admissions Committee is proceeding apace.  That said, logistics have been slightly more complicated this cycle compared to last year and we are now anticipating admissions decisions to be released by the middle of this month.

Thank you for your patience.

Ed"

--

I wonder if there were simply more applicants this year either due to COVID / career uncertainty, or lack of GRE requirement making it easier to apply. Or maybe "complicated logistics" means the admissions committee normally locks themselves in a conference room and makes all the decisions, but now they have to do this via Zoom and it's taking longer.

Sending best of luck to everyone here still! 

Looks like we're in the last mile now! As for anyone trying to understand why the delays are in place, I think a lot of colleges have delayed processes this year (I'm guessing due to covid). I'm still waiting to hear from CMU for their EPP course and from ETH Zurich despite having applied for both on Dec 15th. 

If anyone from this forum has also applied to these two unis, please let me know if you've heard back from them! 

4 hours ago, RM97 said:

I applied to eth zurich for their MSc in Management, Technology, Economics around Dec last yr as well, got an admit early this week. 

Oh wow congrats! I applied to Science, tech and policy instead but haven't heard back yet

Will you be taking that offer if not TPP?