Ohio State Fellowships

doubtingthomist

I'm wondering if anyone has heard about their fellowship status at Ohio State?

The Fellowship Calendar (https://gradsch.osu.edu/faculty-staff-resources/fellowship-guidelines/f-1-fellowship-calendar-fellowship-calendar) suggested they'd be available to departments on 2/15 at noon. However, my advisor says he's heard nothing.

Does anyone know if they received a fellowship, or have a theory about why they haven't been announced?

On 2/16/2021 at 1:34 PM, doubtingthomist said:

I'm wondering if anyone has heard about their fellowship status at Ohio State?

The Fellowship Calendar (https://gradsch.osu.edu/faculty-staff-resources/fellowship-guidelines/f-1-fellowship-calendar-fellowship-calendar) suggested they'd be available to departments on 2/15 at noon. However, my advisor says he's heard nothing.

Does anyone know if they received a fellowship, or have a theory about why they haven't been announced?

My advisor told me yesterday that all fellowships have already been sent out and that I was not selected. 

Is the University Fellowship just for the first year and then you are back down to normal funding for RA/TAing?

By the way, many professors it seems haven't contacted the applicants who received the fellowship yet. So just because you haven't heard anything doesn't mean you didn't get it, so don't get discouraged. My friend just heard today after contacting the POI, who said he got it and they planned to send out the official letters next week. 

Does this very per program? I emailed a POI for the Geography department about an external fellowship I received, he said my overall application was still pending. He also said he hasn't heard word on fellowship awardees

On 2/24/2021 at 3:46 AM, alwaysapplying said:

Is the University Fellowship just for the first year and then you are back down to normal funding for RA/TAing?

My fiancée confirmed with her POI that this is the case for her program (Teaching and Learning). I'm talking to my POI on Wednesday to confirm this is the case for mine as well (Philosophy and History of Ed.).

Her POI implied that nomination for University Fellowships include a commitment from the department to fund recipients one way or another in the years following the fellowship