Ertegun Scholarship

osru

4 minutes ago, sdas123 said:

Thank you so very much. So very grateful. Thank you thank you thank you. This is a very anxiety ridden time. Any help is welcome - it would be great if you could ask! 

This wait is unbearable. 

I've asked a friend who has a friend in the Music faculty - will update you as soon as we hear back! I completely understand how you're feeling, but at the same time, I also believe that you'll eventually get where you're meant to be. Efforts may lie, but will not be in vain. Try not to lose hope and faith, and who knows, maybe we'll pass by each other unknowingly this autumn in Oxford ❤️

7 minutes ago, remediaris said:

I've asked a friend who has a friend in the Music faculty - will update you as soon as we hear back! I completely understand how you're feeling, but at the same time, I also believe that you'll eventually get where you're meant to be. Efforts may lie, but will not be in vain. Try not to lose hope and faith, and who knows, maybe we'll pass by each other unknowingly this autumn in Oxford ❤️

You are the absolute best. Waiting for the update and thank you for everything. 

And if everything works out in my favour, I'm going to treat you to the bestest Indian food! (I'm from India) 

57 minutes ago, sdas123 said:

You are the absolute best. Waiting for the update and thank you for everything. 

And if everything works out in my favour, I'm going to treat you to the bestest Indian food! (I'm from India) 

Haha, don't mention it! Keeping my fingers crossed for you and for everyone here (defo not because I'm dying for some good Indian food... XD it's been a while for me XD).

3 hours ago, ke0817 said:

Just wondering if anyone has any updates yet? I applied for Theology and don't know what the etiquette is around asking your department if you've been nominated!

I applied for Theology as well (the MSt). I emailed the department to ask if I had been put forward for any funding, though I have yet to hear back from them. I can let you know when they reply and what their response is?

8 hours ago, ke0817 said:

Just wondering if anyone has any updates yet? I applied for Theology and don't know what the etiquette is around asking your department if you've been nominated!

Hi there! I think it would make much more sense to contact the Ertegun administration itself (as has been done in at least one previous application cycle) and ask them about the timeline of nominations, that is, the deadline by which all departments must nominate and interview their candidates. I haven't mustered the courage to do it yet but I know from TSR that such an enquiry has been successfully made (and answered) in the past! 

1 hour ago, Hfdvkihgfcjkkvf said:

Is there any news on when the final decisions will be made/sent out?

Apparently this week for those who had their interviews.

Edited by ofer

Could those who have been accepted by the Ertegun Scholarship Committee please post here to let us know? Thank you so much in advance!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but just to give everyone an update... The friend I mentioned earlier in this thread has received a scholarship offer from Ertegun. This means the consideration period is already over... The selected scholars will have one week to accept the offer, and in the unlikely event that some scholars turn it down, it will go to the next scholar in the waiting list, but I wouldn't count on it.

In any case, don't lose hope just yet! There are plenty other funding sources which are only now considering potential candidates (Ertegun is traditionally the first to make their decision), so there might still be good news coming! Keeping my fingers crossed for you all!

EDIT: I posted this reply without checking the other comments - congrats to @mimo2021 for getting the scholarship! It's rather strange that you got the scholarship before getting an acceptance (I didn't think it was possible), but I hope you'll hear back soon from your faculty! With luck, we'll see each other in the House this autumn XD

Edited by remediaris

2 hours ago, remediaris said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but just to give everyone an update... The friend I mentioned earlier in this thread has received a scholarship offer from Ertegun. This means the consideration period is already over... The selected scholars will have one week to accept the offer, and in the unlikely event that some scholars turn it down, it will go to the next scholar in the waiting list, but I wouldn't count on it.

In any case, don't lose hope just yet! There are plenty other funding sources which are only now considering potential candidates (Ertegun is traditionally the first to make their decision), so there might still be good news coming! Keeping my fingers crossed for you all!

EDIT: I posted this reply without checking the other comments - congrats to @mimo2021 for getting the scholarship! It's rather strange that you got the scholarship before getting an acceptance (I didn't think it was possible), but I hope you'll hear back soon from your faculty! With luck, we'll see each other in the House this autumn XD

Haha I was shocked when I heard I was nominated but hadn’t received acceptance to the Mst yet... I assume an acceptance is incoming :P fingers crossed for a normal October :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all ~ I just stumbled across this thread. Congrats @mimo2021on receiving a scholarship! I was accepted to the MPhil in Theology and had an Ertegun interview during the last week of February (also before I had my acceptance haha) so I have been hoping for some kind of funding news this month also. Does anyone know if full fellowship decisions (esp. Clarendon, if the Ertegun offers already went out) are generally sent in March or early April? My biggest concern is the potential of having to make a decision before knowing about funding. Thanks everyone :) 

On 3/13/2021 at 10:42 AM, sorenerasmus said:

Hi all ~ I just stumbled across this thread. Congrats @mimo2021on receiving a scholarship! I was accepted to the MPhil in Theology and had an Ertegun interview during the last week of February (also before I had my acceptance haha) so I have been hoping for some kind of funding news this month also. Does anyone know if full fellowship decisions (esp. Clarendon, if the Ertegun offers already went out) are generally sent in March or early April? My biggest concern is the potential of having to make a decision before knowing about funding. Thanks everyone :) 

According to the relevant webpage, the majority of offers for Clarendon are sent out at the beginning of April. I'm sure this is subject to change, however. You can find a more detailed timeline here:

https://www.ox.ac.uk/clarendon/information-for-applicants/timeline

Congrats on your offer! I received one for the MSt in Theology, and I'm also in the same boat as regards decision-making prior to funding allocation wrapping up.

10 hours ago, marvin_is_dead said:

According to the relevant webpage, the majority of offers for Clarendon are sent out at the beginning of April. I'm sure this is subject to change, however. You can find a more detailed timeline here:

https://www.ox.ac.uk/clarendon/information-for-applicants/timeline

Congrats on your offer! I received one for the MSt in Theology, and I'm also in the same boat as regards decision-making prior to funding allocation wrapping up.

Thanks! I’m glad I’m not missing info elsewhere - I have been checking that site too so I hope the timeline is in fact accurate for this year. Congrats on your offer as well! Hopefully we will hear some good news before the decision deadline. 

• 7 months later...