Anyone else accepted to UT Health?

drunkenduck

19 hours ago, cs4152008 said:

In case it's helpful, I just got an acceptance this morning so not hearing from them yet doesn't mean anything bad!

Yay! This makes me feel a lot better. I did end up reaching out to them and I was told they are still reviewing applications! Congrats on your acceptance!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2021 at 7:25 AM, coffeemate said:

Hi everyone I applied to UT Health back in November for their priority deadline. My portal still says my application is under review ? Does anyone else's portal still say their app is under review? I'm wondering if I should take this as a loss. 

After submitting my application back in November, I finally heard back! I've been accepted into the DrPH in Health Promotion & Health Education at the Dallas campus. I currently live here, so I will more than likely accept. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2021 at 7:07 AM, drunkenduck said:

what did you guys think of admitted students day?

Full disclosure, I only attended the second half due to conflict in schedule. I honestly don't know what I was expecting, but it most certainly was not that. It felt more like those Q&A webinar session where a program runs through what the program is, rather than discuss in detail with the admitted cohort/have new cohort get to know each other. 

What'd you think? 

16 hours ago, okiedokieartichoke said:

Full disclosure, I only attended the second half due to conflict in schedule. I honestly don't know what I was expecting, but it most certainly was not that. It felt more like those Q&A webinar session where a program runs through what the program is, rather than discuss in detail with the admitted cohort/have new cohort get to know each other. 

What'd you think? 

I agree completely. I was hoping it would get me excited about attending, but it left me feeling kind of like... uh oh ? . During the breakout section, I asked how many students would be in my cohort, and they refused to even ballpark it, which seems like a red flag. They also suggested that they were accepting many more students than normal this year, which makes me worried that they aren't going to be able to support us all.

And during the Q and A, one of the students, when asked why he picked UT Health, said "it's no Johns Hopkins but it's cheap".... um what.

Overall I'm feeling a little underwhelmed and I'm just hoping that this is the right choice.

• 2 years later...

@drunkenduck

On 2/24/2021 at 2:08 PM, drunkenduck said:

I was accepted to the Behavioral Sciences and Health Promotion PhD program a couple of months ago, and I was wondering if anyone else on here was accepted to the school of public health, and what are your thoughts on the school? 

I'm not sure what to think about it! It's ranked 23rd, which is pretty good, but they also don't guarantee funding, which seems kind of sketchy.

Any thoughts? Pertinent information? Will you accept your offer or no? I'd love to chat about it.

Hi! I've been accepted into the same program this year. How are you finding the PhD program so far? Do you feel the academic community is supportive? This is the only offer I've received so far, and I'm currently researching the program, tuition and fees, living expenses in Houston, GRA/TA salaries, and so on. I'm in a position where I can't take out any loans, so I'm curious about the overall cost of completing this program! I would appreciate any feedback!