Jump to content
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Scorpion
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

I wanted to initiate a discussion forum for candidates, like me, who are in the waiting list for Pardee Rand Graduate School. I think the least we can do is to communicate and share our opinions and views on whether there's still a possibility to make it, and to sort of derive a communal inspiration from someone in the previous cohorts, if any, who had been successful to be accepted into the program off the waitlist.

We do have to accept that being on the waiting list is a mixbag of hope and despair. But I do invite you to share your feelings, guidance and views here. 

Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was fortunate enough to be accepted. PRGS is definitely one of my top choices, so I am planning on accepting, unless by some miracle I get into Harvard too... even then I might still go it will just be a very tough choice.

In any case, I would imagine that spots will open up in mid-March when people start to get accepted to other programs.

I hope it all works out for you and we meet each other in the incoming cohort!

Edited by memento22
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks a lot.

I am definitely looking forward to being accepted off the waitlist, and I too hope to meet in our future classes together.

Thanks a lot for writing. At this moment, any thing distantly positive heightens the hope.

Best regards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scorpion said:

By the way, may I please ask which policy stream are you in, if I may so ask?

Thank you again.

research, analysis and design.

 

what about you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Just today I wrote RAND and declined my admission to the Research, Analysis, and Design stream. Let me tell you, they did NOT make this decision easy! RAND seems like a really great place and I would be REALLY excited to collaborate with the researchers I talked to. In the end I had a competing offer in another program (at Tufts) that seems to be a better fit for me academically, so I chose that program. Hopefully I'll get to collaborate with some RAND researchers in the future (fingers crossed!). Good luck to those of you on the waitlist, I hope someone else gets to take advantage of an offer of admission.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, ajak568 said:

Just today I wrote RAND and declined my admission to the Research, Analysis, and Design stream. Let me tell you, they did NOT make this decision easy! RAND seems like a really great place and I would be REALLY excited to collaborate with the researchers I talked to. In the end I had a competing offer in another program (at Tufts) that seems to be a better fit for me academically, so I chose that program. Hopefully I'll get to collaborate with some RAND researchers in the future (fingers crossed!). Good luck to those of you on the waitlist, I hope someone else gets to take advantage of an offer of admission.

Thanks a lot @ajak568 for writing about that. Fingers crossed. Let's hope we get to work together in some miraculous ways in the days to come. :)

All the best at Tufts - that is anyway a great place to be in. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Not yet. But was informed by the School that they won't be able to tell anything for sure until closer to April 15. Are you also waitlisted here?

Edited by Scorpion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Olivia355 said:

Hi! yes, I am in the waitlist for the research, analysis and design stream. I have not heard anything yet either. I hope some spaces open up :) fingers crossed!

Let's hope we hear it soon. I'm also waitlisted in the same stream.

All the best! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think it has to be by today. Their first letter in February cleared indicated that the waitlng list will continue to exist until the cohort is at its full capacity - which means it could be anytime after April 15 and before the start of the class in September, with uncertainties involved - and that if, the cohort hasn't reached its full capacity already.

In much practical sense, however, I would expect the School to communicate the final decision by the end of April, especially for an International student like me who would have to plan much ahead for immigration procedures if thus accepted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For any future waitlisted candidate, just a small note that I was waitlisted in the Research and Analysis design stream for the Fall 2021 admission; I got the decision on 16th April, and I was emailed by the School that there were no available spaces, and that I might still choose to remain in the waitlist, just in case any space opens up over the summer (which I think is highly unlikely).

Just passing on this note to the future student, so that they don't have to remain in an informational vaccuum as was in my case of not having any blog/forum follow-up posts by the previous waitlisted candidates to the Rand Graduate School.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/19/2021 at 3:55 AM, Scorpion said:

For any future waitlisted candidate, just a small note that I was waitlisted in the Research and Analysis design stream for the Fall 2021 admission; I got the decision on 16th April, and I was emailed by the School that there were no available spaces, and that I might still choose to remain in the waitlist, just in case any space opens up over the summer (which I think is highly unlikely).

Just passing on this note to the future student, so that they don't have to remain in an informational vaccuum as was in my case of not having any blog/forum follow-up posts by the previous waitlisted candidates to the Rand Graduate School.

 

Hi! Thanks for the information, too bad that there are no more spaces. Can I know who wrote you? I am still waiting, I know that I will get the same answer but I would like to receive a response. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Olivia355 said:

Hi! Thanks for the information, too bad that there are no more spaces. Can I know who wrote you? I am still waiting, I know that I will get the same answer but I would like to receive a response. 

The same email address for the Admissions office (Assistant Dean), who had earlier sent us the waitlist decision in February.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/20/2021 at 4:49 PM, Olivia355 said:

Hi! Thanks for the information, too bad that there are no more spaces. Can I know who wrote you? I am still waiting, I know that I will get the same answer but I would like to receive a response. 

Were you able to contact the Admissions office?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.