USC Price MPP 2021

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I checked the youSC platform and didn't see a response, but the application site says I can only reapply at this time. I presume that means a rejection, but I haven't seen any sort of active confirmation one way or another. Anyone else?

Hi, I applied to USC Rossier for Fall 2021 and my youSC platform also only says I can reapply. But the original application site (in my case it's https://apply.rossieronline.usc.edu/) says I can make limited changes (including requesting new LORs!) to my application until July 8, which makes me feel like they aren't even going to begin reviewing until then.

Not sure whether things are running the same way at Price.

5 hours ago, NikoSimone said:

Hi, I applied to USC Rossier for Fall 2021 and my youSC platform also only says I can reapply. But the original application site (in my case it's https://apply.rossieronline.usc.edu/) says I can make limited changes (including requesting new LORs!) to my application until July 8, which makes me feel like they aren't even going to begin reviewing until then.

I'll click into the new application part and see if that's the case for me as well. It's so strange that's July and they haven't gotten back to everyone yet. Weird times.

On 7/1/2021 at 1:34 PM, PedroTheNoun said:

I checked the youSC platform and didn't see a response, but the application site says I can only reapply at this time. I presume that means a rejection, but I haven't seen any sort of active confirmation one way or another. Anyone else?

I got the acceptance letter in the email on Tuesday. Everything is being updated on youSC so far and I already submitted my study of intent. My application site also says that I can only reapply. So I guess that is not necessarily a rejection? Maybe just wait and see what happens next. Good Luck!

2 hours ago, Tiff3 said:

My youSC still doesn't have an update and my app. site also says that I can only reapply too! Still waiting for a response.

I'm in the same spot. I guess they're slowly rolling out the results, so hopefully we'll get our answer within a week or two.

On 7/1/2021 at 1:49 PM, NikoSimone said:

Now that it's July 8, my application site says my app is under review and that I can no longer edit it.

youSC portal still has no updates. 

Seems like they are moving along mighty slow. Good luck to everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't definitively say this is what is going on, but if someone asked me this is what I would say is the best assessment.

It used to be super unique, but these days it is increasingly common for accepted students to jump ship from their committed acceptance, up to cancelling their acceptance the day before orientation or simply just not show up. I mean hypothetically it is a breach of contract, but no school is gonna go after someone for it. Some schools have been building what amounts to a floating waitlist depending on how many post commitment acceptances are backtracked. - determining space available. 

1 hour ago, GradSchoolGrad said:

I can't definitively say this is what is going on, but if someone asked me this is what I would say is the best assessment.

It used to be super unique, but these days it is increasingly common for accepted students to jump ship from their committed acceptance, up to cancelling their acceptance the day before orientation or simply just not show up. I mean hypothetically it is a breach of contract, but no school is gonna go after someone for it. Some schools have been building what amounts to a floating waitlist depending on how many post commitment acceptances are backtracked. - determining space available. 

Maybe it's due to me being in my mid-30s, but it seems like it'd be hard to uproot your life for a program when you only got a couple of day to week notice. 

29 minutes ago, PedroTheNoun said:

Maybe it's due to me being in my mid-30s, but it seems like it'd be hard to uproot your life for a program when you only got a couple of day to week notice. 

Again, not speaking specific to USC Price, but what some schools are doing is allowing hybrid (basically optional online learning) so you don't have to move until later (if at all). 

On 7/27/2021 at 12:04 PM, PedroTheNoun said:

Agreed - it would be nice to at least get an email about being on a "waitlist" if anything.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/13/2021 at 4:32 PM, PedroTheNoun said:

Still waiting. This is ridiculous.

For anyone applying for the 2022 semester, my application was submitted in March 2021 but was never reviewed because one of my official community college transcripts never got to USC. If you find yourself waiting longer than seems reasonable for a reply from USC, make sure to verify with admissions that ALL of your information is at the university. They won't inform you if parts of your application don't make it, or didn't with me at least.