USC Price MPP 2021

yeah... i didn't even get anything other than the automated email that confirmed that my application was received. their reminder email for the merit deadline said they're aiming for notifications for late February (which has obviously passed by now). it also seems like all the other programs in Price (MPA, MUP) have already heard back 

I also applied in early December! I sent my official transcripts in October and was told that after I submit my application I would receive an email confirming receipt of my transcripts...but I never did. So I emailed them last month and they told me that if I'm missing something from my application they would email me and give me "ample time" to submit the material.

I get the sense that they are completely overwhelmed. I have it on good authority that the number of applications to the program increased about 20% this year, so I like to think they're trying their hardest given the circumstances. I say this while also losing my mind over waiting this long ?

17 minutes ago, river_xo_song said:

Congrats! Which program? 

The program is MPP Data Science, so I'm not completely sure if that means MPP results are also forthcoming? For reference, I applied on December 9th. Also I'll note that my portal is not updated to reflect the decision - I received it through email.

Edited by 2020applicant...
edited to include more info

6 hours ago, bruindieselpwr said:

Has anyone heard back from the MPA program? I applied and haven’t heard back. 

Nope, not yet. There have a been a few threads discussing this but it seems like a lot of schools are posting decisions a bit later than usual and that could be due to a significant increase in the quantity of applicants for this year. Best of luck to you and I hope we hear back from Price soon.

15 hours ago, bruindieselpwr said:

Has anyone heard back from the MPA program? I applied and haven’t heard back. 

I applied by the scholarship priority deadline and I heard back a week ago, March 24. 

1 hour ago, curlit119 said:

I applied by the scholarship priority deadline and I heard back a week ago, March 24. 

Congratulations! Did you hear back on the portal or via email (or something else)? And, any word on funding?

8 minutes ago, LDmpp21 said:

Congratulations! Did you hear back on the portal or via email (or something else)? And, any word on funding?

Thank you! I heard by email, but it was sent to my spam folder so perhaps check that out. I got half funding!

8 minutes ago, bruindieselpwr said:

Do you mind sharing your stats? I also applied by the DEC 15 deadline ? 

I would check out your spam folder that's where I saw mine.

I went to a US News Top 30 National University. GPA 3.6. Major in Communications double minors in Poli Sci and Public Policy. GRE: V 159, Q 155, V 5. And no real work experience, but some good undergrad internships on a presidential campaign, private comms firm, and think thank. My SOP was pretty strong and very directly focused on one issue I want to work in. My LOR were from two profs and one internships supervisor.

Just now, lilrhody said:

Did you also check yousc for an update? I've been really unsure how to actually check my status.

I got an email on March 24 which was in a spam folder. Which said I'd be a getting the letter on YouSC in the coming days and I got a notification email that that was posted on March 27. 

Also just want to make sure you know this is for the MPA, not the MPP. I know it's the MPP thread but I initially replied to someone asking about MPA on here. Sorry for any confusion if so!

Haven't heard back from the MPP yet... is it worth e-mailing the admissions team at this point? I'm also a little more worried since I've had an acceptance never hit my inbox and had to reach out to the program coordinator for an update—but also don't want to be leaning into my paranoia.

So far, congrats everyone! ?

Would anyone be interested in a "USC Price Fall 2021 Admitted Students" facebook group or something similar, so we can get to know each other? I could make one and maybe the admissions office will help share it out

It sucks that the admitted students events will have to be virtual again this year. If I set up a very casual (masked) admitted student meet-&-greet at a park near campus, would people be interested in attending?

14 hours ago, studious_kirby said:

Would anyone be interested in a "USC Price Fall 2021 Admitted Students" facebook group or something similar, so we can get to know each other? I could make one and maybe the admissions office will help share it out

It sucks that the admitted students events will have to be virtual again this year. If I set up a very casual (masked) admitted student meet-&-greet at a park near campus, would people be interested in attending?

I'd be down in joining a Facebook group. I feel like all us admitted students are scattered so it'd be nice to have a central location to discuss things