USC Price MPP 2021

Here it is! Looking forward to connecting with you all, and congrats everyone again! ?

FB group - USC Price School of Public Policy - Admitted Prospective Students - Fall 2021

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1823273361175281/

10 hours ago, imfeelingteal said:

I'd be down in joining a Facebook group. I feel like all us admitted students are scattered so it'd be nice to have a central location to discuss things

Edited by studious_kirby

Also, regarding online/in-person class format for the Fall, I got this email from admissions team:

"At this time I am hearing we will be on campus for the fall, but that depends on final approval from the Los Angeles County Department of Health.  We will continue to monitor developments and update our students as we get closer to the fall semester."

Edited by studious_kirby

On 3/3/2021 at 8:59 PM, Twiste said:

Haven't heard back from the MPP yet... is it worth e-mailing the admissions team at this point? I'm also a little more worried since I've had an acceptance never hit my inbox and had to reach out to the program coordinator for an update—but also don't want to be leaning into my paranoia.

So far, congrats everyone! ?

I emailed them earlier this week, and the admissions team responded that people would be receiving decisions "from now until early May". kinda ridiculous considering that a lot of programs have an enrollment deadline of april 15th

8 minutes ago, jukebox123 said:

I emailed them earlier this week, and the admissions team responded that people would be receiving decisions "from now until early May". kinda ridiculous considering that a lot of programs have an enrollment deadline of april 15th

Wow, I hope they don't mean that people who applied in mid December will hear back in May. That's half a year of waiting! 

2 hours ago, river_xo_song said:

Wow, I hope they don't mean that people who applied in mid December will hear back in May. That's half a year of waiting! 

2 hours ago, jukebox123 said:

Wow, I also really hope that's not for those who applied by the scholarship deadline. Kind of disheartening to hear, but thank you for contacting them!

Edited by Twiste

On 3/2/2021 at 6:29 PM, curlit119 said:

Thank you! I heard by email, but it was sent to my spam folder so perhaps check that out. I got half funding!

Hey, I had a question. Where exactly did you see your funding information? In the first email? Or on youSC? Thanks. 

I got my initial acceptance email from the admissions counselor on 3/3/21 and then I got a notification to check youSC earlier today. Neither the Decision Status PDF from youSC nor the initial acceptance email mention any scholarship or funding information. Does this mean I am not getting anything? Or is there like a scholarship award letter coming later on. 

3 hours ago, BestAce said:

Hey, I had a question. Where exactly did you see your funding information? In the first email? Or on youSC? Thanks. 

Hi, it was in the first email. Second paragraph I believe with a hyperlink to a more detailed description of the funding and its conditions. I’d imagine if you don’t see anything there, funding isn’t likely, but you can always reach out directly to see. 

1 hour ago, curlit119 said:

Hi, it was in the first email. Second paragraph I believe with a hyperlink to a more detailed description of the funding and its conditions. I’d imagine if you don’t see anything there, funding isn’t likely, but you can always reach out directly to see. 

Dang that really sucks. I thought I would at least get a dollar. lol. I'm a low-income student so, I'm just surprised I wasn't given anything. I'm hoping that was just a mistake and I'll get notified later. I thought my answers for the Dean's Merit were pretty good. I guess not good enough :( 

Has anyone here actually heard back who applied to the MPP program (not MPA)? I emailed admissions asking specifically about MPP for people who applied by the scholarship deadline and got the same response about decisions already having been released on a rolling basis and that people would be hearing back from now until May, but so far I've not seen anyone say they actually heard about the MPP. I assumed applying early for the scholarship deadline would mean I would hear back sooner during the rolling admissions process, so the fact that I haven't is making me nervous!

1 minute ago, user188404 said:

Has anyone here actually heard back who applied to the MPP program (not MPA)? I emailed admissions asking specifically about MPP for people who applied by the scholarship deadline and got the same response about decisions already having been released on a rolling basis and that people would be hearing back from now until May, but so far I've not seen anyone say they actually heard about the MPP. I assumed applying early for the scholarship deadline would mean I would hear back sooner during the rolling admissions process, so the fact that I haven't is making me nervous!

I'm in the same boat as you. I also haven't seen anyone who has heard back from the program. 

Okay I spoke too soon! Just got an email saying I was recommended for admission (for MPP), and would be receiving official notification within the next two days. Scholarship information was included in the email. Super excited and got half tuition but it's still pretty expensive so I'm not sure if it's worth it ?

Edited by user188404

On 3/5/2021 at 11:19 AM, jukebox123 said:

What other schools are you considering? West Coast or bust? 

20 hours ago, xtal said:

Anyone else still waiting to hear back from Price? I’m very interested in attending and applied before the financial aid deadline, but haven’t heard anything yet.

I think most people are still waiting. They seem to be very behind on decisions in comparison to previous years. I’m personally on the same boat as you.

On 3/14/2021 at 4:04 AM, xtal said:

Anyone else still waiting to hear back from Price? I’m very interested in attending and applied before the financial aid deadline, but haven’t heard anything yet.

Still waiting and I also applied prior to the financial aid deadline. Maybe this week will be the week!