USC Price MPP 2021

Hey all - just FYI, I just heard back with an acceptance for the MPP and a pretty generous scholarship, and since people started hearing back last week it suggests they’re not necessarily going in order of funding and/or going fast (as we knew...) - so don’t lose hope :) (it was all in the email and I applied a few weeks before the priority deadline fwiw!)

Edited by LDmpp21

On 3/14/2021 at 1:05 AM, EC1225 said:

What other schools are you considering? West Coast or bust? 

i also applied to UCLA and UW - i spent the last 5 years in NYC and want to come back to the west coast (i'm from the SF area)

i received an admission from the MPP program last thursday (3/11). good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

Emailed the Price Admission Office yesterday because I was getting anxious... they said "The committee reviews and releases decisions on a rolling basis. Decisions have already begun to be released but anyone could receive their application decision anytime between now and through April. There is no particular order...". A little confusing since I don't know if they mean that students who applied after the scholarship ddl could possibly hear back before those who applied by 12/15? I applied late January so hopefully can hear back before 4/15.

What do you guys know about the MUP (Masters Urban Planning)? I was accepted to that too! I’m trying to figure out which one I should do between MPP, MPA, and MUP. 

1 minute ago, caramelcarrottop said:

Anyone hear anything from USC yet?  I'm still one of those who is waiting to hear back from them.  I know that they said anytime from now through April, but has anyone seen movement?  Thanks.

I still haven't heard anything from them, but at this point my mind has kind of been made up. Really unfortunate that it's taken this long, but I understand that applications have probably gone up and admin/staff are at capacity.

It doesn't even make sense. I haven't see one person who applied after the scholarship deadline got in. So they don't even want to admit ppl who are willing to pay full tuition themselves? And if they already made their decisions, why don't they just send out rejections to the rest of us? I'm so confused and this wait is making me kind of annoyed.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally heard back. Got recommended for admission, but no mention of funding. So I’m 99% sure I got in without a scholarship. Looks like I’m not going to grad school this year ?

Edited by anxious_coffee

19 hours ago, anxious_coffee said:

Finally heard back. Got recommended for admission, but no mention of funding. So I’m 99% sure I got in without a scholarship. Looks like I’m not going to grad school this year ?

It's okay.  At least you got in though!  USC is hella expensive sadly.  

23 hours ago, anxious_coffee said:

Still waiting on USC ☹️ Seems like this thread is a ghost town ?

I'm still waiting so I'm pretty sure that means a no for me.  Even if they let me in I'm not sure if/how I can afford USC (assuming that I'm not going to get much if any scholarships).  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2021 at 12:02 PM, Mpp_usc_applicant said:

Hey everyone!

I applied April 5th - no news yet. Anyone else apply this spring (MPP)? I’m a bit late to the process but hoping I get in!

I saw there was a student admit day - is there likely a second one for later admitted students?

I am also waiting to hear back from Price. I submitted my application about two weeks ago. I hope that we get the admission decisions in the coming week. On their website, it indicates " For applications submitted after Dec. 15, a decision usually takes two to three weeks to be made once all materials have been received." 

1 hour ago, Alexissmart said:

I am also waiting to hear back from Price. I submitted my application about two weeks ago. I hope that we get the admission decisions in the coming week. On their website, it indicates " For applications submitted after Dec. 15, a decision usually takes two to three weeks to be made once all materials have been received." 

I agree - I applied nearly a month ago and got a message that one of my transcripts was “retrieved” two weeks ago. I’m hoping we hear this week! Good luck!! ?

On 5/2/2021 at 6:17 PM, Mpp_usc_applicant said:

I agree - I applied nearly a month ago and got a message that one of my transcripts was “retrieved” two weeks ago. I’m hoping we hear this week! Good luck!! ?

So do you have more than one transcript? I submitted two transcripts and they were retrieved last week. 

25 minutes ago, Alexissmart said:

So do you have more than one transcript? I submitted two transcripts and they were retrieved last week. 

I do - I submitted my official undergrad electronically which got retrieved about 2 weeks after I submitted my application. I graduated with another Masters degree in April and had to hard copy mail that transcript. In total I sent 3.. 1 undergrad, 1 graduate (grades as a current student without my last semester), and 1 with final grades after I graduated. 

Let’s hope we hear this week the wait is absolutely agonizing..