Harvard Kennedy School 2021 Waitlist

Lina8625

22 minutes ago, HKSpurgatory said:

I interviewed for a fellowship connected to Harvard through my job and was also waitlisted. Seems like it was a tough year. Not sure if there will be movement on the waitlist. Looks like in 2019 there was none. 

The pandemic adds a layer of complexity. It’s seems like people on the 2020 WL were moved off the waitlist and later accepted and even those who were initially rejected were placed on the waitlist and some admitted. Don’t lose hope!

I really don't get it. why does the results page (see the link below) show only half page for 2021 so far, especially given we had record number of applications this year? Looking at 2020 on page 2, the results came right on March 19th were almost one page! There is of course a selection bias that those accepted tend to self-report, but then it says more that the rejection rate this year is much higher.  https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=harvard+kennedy+school&t=a&o=&p=1

Waitlisted for the MPP program! I wanted to ask this group what school do you plan on choosing as your second option?

I'm currently deciding between Univ of Chicago (Harris), Univ of Michigan (Ford) - got a full ride, Columbia (SIPA), and Berkeley (Goldman). 

Waitlisted too. Not sure what factor the pandemic plays. I understand there was tons of movement last year, but decisions were also released at virtually the exact same time that the pandemic ramped up and everything was shutting down and it felt like the world was ending. This year they were released just as a sense of renewal and re-opening is finally starting in many parts of the world. Of course I selfishly hope enough people will pass that we can all make it, but I’m not sure I see why the pandemic would result in tons of people passing like they did last year...

6 hours ago, Mpa-aspiration said:

Anybody has any advice on keeping themselves busy and sane..while waiting for an update.

Also what are u guys thinking of chances this year will be a repeat of last year: bunch of folks getting off the waitlist due to a huge number of declines and deferrals.  Im thinking 65%...

Hmm... definitely open for any advice. ?

13 hours ago, Mpa-aspiration said:

Anybody has any advice on keeping themselves busy and sane..while waiting for an update.

Also what are u guys thinking of chances this year will be a repeat of last year: bunch of folks getting off the waitlist due to a huge number of declines and deferrals.  Im thinking 65%...

Would love to think that this is true, but I’m a little more pessimistic about it. I just don’t see why huge blocks of people would decline or defer. This year is not the same as last year in terms of the pandemic or the economy....

On 3/22/2021 at 7:49 PM, Ciaofromsocal said:

Waitlisted for the MPP program! I wanted to ask this group what school do you plan on choosing as your second option?

I'm currently deciding between Univ of Chicago (Harris), Univ of Michigan (Ford) - got a full ride, Columbia (SIPA), and Berkeley (Goldman). 

What is the deposit date for SIPA?

• 1 month later...