Preparing for MPH 2022 Canada

12 minutes ago, Lean said:

Just wanted to say I got my Queen's acceptance yesterday! Probably my first choice program. Deadline to accept is April 1st, so only two weeks to decide. I hope to hear back from uOttawa (under review as of March 15th) and Western in time, though I'm not sure about Western based on a prior comment in this thread. My McMaster app is also still under review, but I realized the transcript I sent in doesn't have my student number so that application might be a loss.

If anyone is curious, I applied with both a BA (Hons) Kin and MSc. in Health and Rehabilitation Science from Western (Qualitative). I also have some contract work experience with a cancer-related NGO through a professor over the past year while job hunting. The COVID job market was rough without good networking. My experience job hunting and through work identified that I lack experience on the quantitative side of things, which is why I'm interested in the MPH. I hope everyone has good luck with their applications! If you don't find success, I applied to 2 MPH programs (McMaster, Western), 2018-2019, out of undergrad and was rejected by both so I know how it feels. There's still a path forward, even if it's atypical!

Congratulations!

Kind of strange that they expect you to confirm your offer so soon though when they know other schools are still in the middle of their admissions process? Happy to hear you finally made it though, I admire the perserverance!

1 hour ago, greenflower said:

Congrats everyone who got accepted into Queens! I got my offer letter the other day as well :) 

Waiting to hear back from U of T, BrockU, McMaster, UVic, or Waterloo for the MPH. Anyone have any updates on those schools so far?

Nothing on brock ?

3 hours ago, sadge pepes said:

Congratulations!

Kind of strange that they expect you to confirm your offer so soon though when they know other schools are still in the middle of their admissions process? Happy to hear you finally made it though, I admire the perserverance!

thats kind of worrying me ?  i hope the others respond next week so i can make a decision soon otherwise there's gonna be so much uncertainty

4 hours ago, Bluelia11 said:

thats kind of worrying me ?  i hope the others respond next week so i can make a decision soon otherwise there's gonna be so much uncertainty

They bascially do it to get to students before other schools. ? worst case you accept the offer and rescind it if you get a better one 

19 hours ago, greenflower said:

Congrats everyone who got accepted into Queens! I got my offer letter the other day as well :) 

Waiting to hear back from U of T, BrockU, McMaster, UVic, or Waterloo for the MPH. Anyone have any updates on those schools so far?

Congrats! I am also waiting to hear from UVic, BrockU and Waterloo too! I think we should expect to hear back soon from UVic and Brock just from previous years timelines. Good luck :)

19 hours ago, greenflower said:

Congrats! I am also waiting to hear from UVic, BrockU and Waterloo too! I think we should expect to hear back soon from UVic and Brock just from previous years timelines. Good luck :)

Hey guys. So this might sound stupid but I was doing some late night investigating loll and I noticed that the automated emails I got from Mcmaster stating that my application is still under-review were all sent on a Wednesday (march 9, feb 23, feb 9). Based on this and the previous thread, my prediction is that we will hear back from mac this Wednesday March 23. Interested to see if my theory ends of being correct LOL

11 hours ago, GB22 said:

Hey guys. So this might sound stupid but I was doing some late night investigating loll and I noticed that the automated emails I got from Mcmaster stating that my application is still under-review were all sent on a Wednesday (march 9, feb 23, feb 9). Based on this and the previous thread, my prediction is that we will hear back from mac this Wednesday March 23. Interested to see if my theory ends of being correct LOL

Ive been getting mine on mondays at 11am & today was supposed to be the monday I recieved an update based on that same prediction schedule hahah and since i never got anything at 11 i was stressed LOL. They they ended up sending me the exact same 'under review' email but at 1pm instead :') - hoping you end up hearing good news from them! 

12 hours ago, GB22 said:

I get those emails every other Friday but I think you're right about the pattern possibly applying for their decisions as well! 

13 minutes ago, greenflower said:

Ive been getting mine on mondays at 11am & today was supposed to be the monday I recieved an update based on that same prediction schedule hahah and since i never got anything at 11 i was stressed LOL. They they ended up sending me the exact same 'under review' email but at 1pm instead :') - hoping you end up hearing good news from them! 

haha I figured this out. So everyone's getting status updates on different dates because it is based on the when you submitted your application. So every two weeks, they send you an update. I submitted mine on the weekend LOL so either I'll have a very good weekend or a very bad one..we will find out soon. :) Good luck to everyone!