Planning Admissions 2022

8 hours ago, colime said:

I know I am extremely late, but I have been obsessively checking this thread for the past few weeks so I figured I would post my intro! Thank you all for the information and updates, it has been very helpful and comforting at times. 

Age/Gender/Citizenship

24 / F / USA

Undergraduate degree/School/Year graduated 

BA in Geography- Urban Planning track / Public School / 2021

GPA - GRE  - TOEFL (for Int'l students) 

3.98 - No GRE

Work Experience:

-Working as a GIS Analyst at a large corp since graduation in Spring 2021

-6 months in school working as a GIS analyst for a state park

-Yearlong thesis around housing equity using GIS, in peer review for publication

Letter of recommendations: (from whom)

2 thesis advisors

1 supervisor from univeristy role

Schools applied to: Portland State, CU Denver, MIT, Rutgers, Hunter College (CUNY), UCLA

In: Portland State (no funding), CU Denver (small annual funding), Rutgers, Hunter, UCLA

Out: MIT

Awaiting: 

Final Result:

In at UCLA! No mention of funding either, but I'm definitely excited. Thinking it's between this and PSU, just because of cost of living and location, but definitely one of my top choices!

17 minutes ago, nacohhhhh said:

Well folks it looks like referencing my love for an Ananya Roy article about how the academy is where radical scholarship goes to die may not have been the best strategy for getting into a university??

Omgg ? What school did you send that to? 

Edited by planningapplicant

53 minutes ago, nacohhhhh said:

Well folks it looks like referencing my love for an Ananya Roy article about how the academy is where radical scholarship goes to die may not have been the best strategy for getting into a university??

Lmfao did they email you a rejection?

Just now, nacohhhhh said:

Lol no I’m just speculating after not getting an email yet. I know they usually do waitlists though so staying hopeful

Do they send all acceptances out at once? Getting anxious ? 

Edited by ryanm09

My hopes for getting into UCLA just plummeted to an all time low. I'm still giving it an hour since I received my UT-Austin and University of Arizona decisions late at night. If not than there is always tomorrow. 

15 hours ago, cityplanning said:

Has anyone else not heard from Berkeley City and Regional Planning PhD admissions? I've seen someone was accepted, someone rejected, and someone waitlisted around 20 February. Admissions mentioned they are still reviewing applications. What could this mean? Thanks!

no updates from Berkeley either. I assumed this silence to be a rejection? ?

1 hour ago, prospect_planner said:

In at UCLA! That marks the end of my cycle :) so from here it’ll just be seeing where things align with funding. I’m still waiting on the financial info from GT and Penn, but have heard from everywhere else.

Congrats!! Did you just hear today?

Has anyone heard from UT-Austin for the MAsters of Community and Regional Planning program?

I got my acceptance to UT-Austin's Masters of Public Affairs and thought that the other would follow shortly but I have heard nothing.

18 hours ago, nacohhhhh said:

Wouldn't worry. I heard that this admissions cycle was very competitive with abnormally high amounts of applicants. I think that they are sending out decisions in batches as are many other schools which might explain the delay on notifying applicants.

3 minutes ago, Quincy_Taft_Coolidge said:

Wouldn't worry. I heard that this admissions cycle was very competitive with abnormally high amounts of applicants. I think that they are sending out decisions in batches as are many other schools which might explain the delay on notifying applicants.

That both makes me feel better and worse at the same time lol

3 hours ago, Quincy_Taft_Coolidge said:

Has anyone heard from UT-Austin for the MAsters of Community and Regional Planning program?

I got my acceptance to UT-Austin's Masters of Public Affairs and thought that the other would follow shortly but I have heard nothing.

Yup, heard back! They might be sending out decisions in batches tho.

4 hours ago, Quincy_Taft_Coolidge said:

Have you checked your MyStatus?