Planning Admissions 2022

On 3/4/2022 at 6:30 AM, Diab0018 said:

When did you get your Polimi decision? I applied for the 2nd cycle and haven't heard anything. I'm assuming you just checked the portal?

I applied in the first intake. I was probably the first to apply, I applied in September. Haha. I received my results early February. Good luck to you! :) 

43 minutes ago, Quincy_Taft_Coolidge said:

I decided to reject my offers from University of Arizona and Portland Sate. For those of you who are on the waitlist for those programs I hope you receive good news.

Thanks for this. The wait is so painful ? I hope others on this forum also decline offers that they for sure aren’t going to take. Some of us are still waiting to hear from many places. 

Also finally got my PSU financial offer. It’s really unclear and the page doesn’t actually say I got funding, but it says my tuition is $20K/year which I’m pretty sure is cheaper than the normal out of state price? Either way excited to have another somewhat manageable option and will definitely be considering PSU.

Congrats to everyone hearing back!!

Folks who were interviewed by Columbia: did you apply to the MSUP or PhD program? I applied to the MSUP and didn’t get an interview lol so I’m wondering if that’s not a good sign. I’m 99% sure I wouldn’t be going if I got in anyways but it’d be nice to get in! 

9 minutes ago, stop making sense said:

Folks who were interviewed by Columbia: did you apply to the MSUP or PhD program? I applied to the MSUP and didn’t get an interview lol so I’m wondering if that’s not a good sign. I’m 99% sure I wouldn’t be going if I got in anyways but it’d be nice to get in! 

Hi!, I applied to the MSUP. It was an informal interview with a current Phd student

Update on PSU funding: I looked at their financial aid glossary and it said tuition and fees is an estimate based on 15 credits per quarter. However, urban planning students only need 12 credits per quarter to graduate, so basically we can shave up to 20% off of the estimates… I think?

For me I figured out that if you divide my quarterly tuition and fees by 15, you get ~$450 which is the Oregon resident tuition. So I think they’re basically giving me an out of state tuition waiver. Weird that they didn’t really explain it at all but grateful regardless!

...I'm starting to think my plan B is my plan A. I'm still waiting to hear back from 2 schools/3 programs but if I get all rejections, what's a good alternative to being a registered architect in Canada/US? Project management? I'd specialize in BIM or construction because I'd want to still be involved in the projects and go on site.

I currently work a dead-end job managing office furniture delivery/install, fixing CAD plans etc. Grad school was my chance to get better job opportunities...

Applied to: Polimi (MSc Building Architecture & MSc Built Enviro. Interiors), TU Delft, UofT MArch AP
Accepted:
Rejected: TU Delft Architecture Track (08/02/2022)
Waitlisted:

Edited by Diab0018

12 hours ago, Diab0018 said:

...I'm starting to think my plan B is my plan A. I'm still waiting to hear back from 2 schools/3 programs but if I get all rejections, what's a good alternative to being a registered architect in Canada/US? Project management? I'd specialize in BIM or construction because I'd want to still be involved in the projects and go on site.

I currently work a dead-end job managing office furniture delivery/install, fixing CAD plans etc. Grad school was my chance to get better job opportunities...

Applied to: Polimi (MSc Building Architecture & MSc Built Enviro. Interiors), TU Delft, UofT MArch AP
Accepted:
Rejected: TU Delft Architecture Track (08/02/2022)
Waitlisted:

@Diab0018 I hope you continue your pursuit of becoming an architect. I obtained my B.Arch in the USA and then got my license overseas based upon that degree. Obtaining a license really widens your opportunities in the longer-term so I hope you get into a NAAB or CACB accredited school to enable that! Best of luck! PM me if you'd like to talk.

Edited by cityplanning

2 minutes ago, Making other plans said:

Congrats!!! The email I received re: funding guaranteed a minimum funding amount.

Any intel on when we'll know if we get more than that minimum?

Thank you!! I'm not sure either. I also got the guaranteed minimum amount. I'll be going to the Zoom session on the 23rd, hopefully they'll provide more info then!