Stanford GSE 2022

Hello,

I saw mine too. I didn't get in! huhuhuhu! But hey, at least I can now relax a bit.

I wasn't interviewed by my POI, but found out early (around Jan) that she interviewed one/some.

Congratulations to those who made it!  :)

Also, am I the only one who applied to only two graduate schools? LMAO!
Glad, the other one worked out. Not advisable. heheeh!

Edited by notconfident

Hi all! 

To those who got in, congrats! To those who didn't, I'm sorry. It's not because you aren't amazing. I'm speaking as a current Stanford GSE student. A few members of my cohort and I were reflecting today on this day last year. A good hand of people didn't have interviews but were accepted, so if you didn't get one that's not on you! I was interviewed, but apparently in my track that's more common. Last year's acceptance rate was under 3% because of the sheer number of applicants. 

If you have questions or want to reach out feel free to DM me. I'm not your typicaI applicant as I didn't submit GRE scores, I took a break between grad school and taught for four years, and actually come from a non-sociology background (background is in STEM), so my profile may or may not help. Anyhow, I wish you all the best of luck and know that you'll find your next path soon enough!

11 hours ago, zamira said:

@Miss Evidencecan you please share you experience from last year? What has changed ? What’s your advice?

I did apply only to two schools .. probably will be rejected from northwestern too (

Sure! I studied very hard to improve my GRE scores (from 159Q 153V 3.5AW to 166Q 161V 4.0AW). I also searched for programs with better fit, rather than picking brands. I improved my CV, highlighting my academic and research experience. I improved my statement of purpose, connecting my experience to my research questions and to what I expected to find in the program. I mentioned faculty, specific courses, labs and research centers. I did this in each and every application. This whole process took all my evenings, weekends and vacation time. But was worth it. I was already accepted to 3 programs, will be participating in UPenn’s candidate’s event and hope to be accepted to more programs. I applied to 11 programs. An exhausting and expensive process. But I think 2 is too risky. Don’t give up!

4 hours ago, Miss Evidence said:

Sure! I studied very hard to improve my GRE scores (from 159Q 153V 3.5AW to 166Q 161V 4.0AW). I also searched for programs with better fit, rather than picking brands. I improved my CV, highlighting my academic and research experience. I improved my statement of purpose, connecting my experience to my research questions and to what I expected to find in the program. I mentioned faculty, specific courses, labs and research centers. I did this in each and every application. This whole process took all my evenings, weekends and vacation time. But was worth it. I was already accepted to 3 programs, will be participating in UPenn’s candidate’s event and hope to be accepted to more programs. I applied to 11 programs. An exhausting and expensive process. But I think 2 is too risky. Don’t give up!

thank you for this! and this is such an inspiration and motivation!

On 2/12/2022 at 9:30 PM, Miss Evidence said:

WOW! youre amazing!  Going to work for coming year ) 

On 2/7/2022 at 2:07 AM, Paloalto said:

Hi guys, I also applied to SHIPS. Any news from there? I'm so fretting these days... I haven't heard anything from ALL the schools (Harvard, Stanford, UCLA, Columbia-TC) although I have three publications & a master thesis + 4.0 master GPA + various working experiences including TA, RA, international organization work, & public school work. But is it too early to worry about? I'm assuming that I got rejected by Harvard cos there are lots of interview reports on this site, but I have no idea about other schools. There's no result.

Anyway, let's hang in and be positive. :) 

Hey! Have you heard from UCLA or Columbia yet? 

On 2/23/2022 at 8:48 PM, EdTechPower said:

@dreamingworkaholic Don’t mean to alarm you, but last year (yes I checked) the decision for Stanford GSE came out on Feb 27, 2021, which was a (yes I checked) Saturday.

So this means it could be this weekend Feb 26-27. Or on Monday Feb 28.

True. It should be as early as this weekend or next week.