Stanford GSE 2022

1 hour ago, justapplying said:

Hi everyone! I submitted my application to the GSE DAPS program and haven't heard back from any POIs. My application reads "Complete" in the checklist but reads "Submitted" in applyweb. Has anyone else heard back from any of the programs?

I have the same case. I haven't heard back from my POI. For me it's worse because she interviewed one student a week ago. ??

On 1/17/2022 at 11:12 AM, BadChadGrad said:

NotConfident,

There was a DAPS applicant in the result section who had an interview with their POI, confirmed to be Rebecca Silverman. Did you list more than POI in your SOP?

Keep your head held high! That's all we can do. ?

I didn't apply to work with Dr. Silverman, but did anyone apply to DAPS? I did and am waiting to hear back!

I thought I missed a step in my application because my Toefl is marked as "Not received". I emailed admissions Monday to ask and they responded with:

Dear ____,

Thank you for writing. You are exempt from submitting TOEFL scores as you attended an institution in Australia. No additional steps are required for English language requirements.

Decision letters for PhD applications will be sent electronically in mid-February.

Best wishes,

At least somehow I can be sure it's not about something I missed in my application.

Edited by notconfident

Hi everyone! Any other STEP applicants here? I am still on "incomplete" and fretting just a bit (is it just me?). I understand that the Ph.D. and non-STEP master's applications likely take precedence over STEP in the admissions review timeline, but historically many STEP applicants have gotten results by the third week of February. This means they will likely start looking at STEP applications soon (if they haven't started already).

Anyway, best of luck to all Stanford GSE applicants here.

Edited by kkslider
elaboration

Hi guys, I also applied to SHIPS. Any news from there? I'm so fretting these days... I haven't heard anything from ALL the schools (Harvard, Stanford, UCLA, Columbia-TC) although I have three publications & a master thesis + 4.0 master GPA + various working experiences including TA, RA, international organization work, & public school work. But is it too early to worry about? I'm assuming that I got rejected by Harvard cos there are lots of interview reports on this site, but I have no idea about other schools. There's no result.

Anyway, let's hang in and be positive. :) 

7 hours ago, Paloalto said:

Hi guys, I also applied to SHIPS. Any news from there? I'm so fretting these days... I haven't heard anything from ALL the schools (Harvard, Stanford, UCLA, Columbia-TC) although I have three publications & a master thesis + 4.0 master GPA + various working experiences including TA, RA, international organization work, & public school work. But is it too early to worry about? I'm assuming that I got rejected by Harvard cos there are lots of interview reports on this site, but I have no idea about other schools. There's no result.

Idk how helpful this is, but UCLA emailed me 2 weeks ago just saying that they have all my materials and that applicants will hear back in late Feb/early March. It was a generic email sent to all Phd applicants. I think they have done some interviews, but I don't think all of the programs interview their candidates? Not sure but it'll be a few more weeks before we hear anything. 

13 hours ago, Paloalto said:

Wow!! You're so well rounded! I'm sure you'll get in! Three publications ? That's a lot!

21 hours ago, notconfident said:

Hello guys, it seems so quiet here. Looks like I'm the only one panicking.
Results will be out this week right?
No interview for me, but still hopeful till the end. Hehehe

You are definitely not alone. Results from Stanford are supposed to come out mid-Feb. So maybe next week. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

21 minutes ago, Miss Evidence said:

You are definitely not alone. Results from Stanford are supposed to come out mid-Feb. So maybe next week. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

I see, I should stop obsessing over it this week.  I keep checking my gmail lol

Yes, let's just hope for the best!

Edited by notconfident

On 2/8/2022 at 2:56 AM, tiiines said:

Idk how helpful this is, but UCLA emailed me 2 weeks ago just saying that they have all my materials and that applicants will hear back in late Feb/early March. It was a generic email sent to all Phd applicants. I think they have done some interviews, but I don't think all of the programs interview their candidates? Not sure but it'll be a few more weeks before we hear anything. 

Ah yeah, I got this email, too. Anyway, thanks for your kindness. XX