Fulbright 2011-2012

crimsonengineer87

Congrats Stars and Berlino!

Looks like all the MENA letters went out Wed. Was really hoping to have something in my mailbox today, but no luck. There was just a small white envelope and I freaked thinking it was a rejection, but luckily it was some random piece of mail for my neighbor.

Any other Egypt people hear today?

Here's hoping for Monday...

Looks like all the MENA letters went out Wed. Was really hoping to have something in my mailbox today, but no luck. There was just a small white envelope and I freaked thinking it was a rejection, but luckily it was some random piece of mail for my neighbor.

Nothing yet. I bet it will be Monday....

Hey there,

I think they're starting to notify people now about locations. A friend of mine just found out she was placed in Bayern. I also found out that I was placed in Hessen. It was my third choice :angry:, but oh well! Excited!

Where in Hessen will you be? I found out today that I got placed in a tiny town called Nidda.... It's got about 17,000 people, and it's not near ANY bigger towns. I'm kind of at a loss as far as apartment hunting, transportation, etc.

Where in Hessen will you be? I found out today that I got placed in a tiny town called Nidda.... It's got about 17,000 people, and it's not near ANY bigger towns. I'm kind of at a loss as far as apartment hunting, transportation, etc.

Hey! Haven't found out yet! Which makes me very sad! I requested Frankfurt, so hopefully that will come through! The smaller cities are typically the better ones, actually! Someone is sure to have either a room or apartment for you. Your teacher mentor will likely hook you up with something! I'm also pretty sure they'll have some sort of public transportation system! Either that, or you can bike it wherever you need to go!

Congrats to the gulfies! I just received an email from the Egyptian commission that I have been awarded the research grant! Waahooo!/Ahamduillah! There might have been some delay on my paper letter because an official transcript fell through the cracks. thanks, big ivy league school, for NOT being on the ball.

The email did have my permanent address listed at the top, so it is possible that the official letter will head there, for anyone who may still be waiting.

I am in the lucky but difficult position to also have been awarded a fellowship from another institution. Does anyone have any experience combining grants?

Ranita, best of luck! Inshahallah I will see you in Cairo in the fall!

I just go tthe same email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like I'm about to die of happiness!!!!!

Oh what a wonderful reward after such a terribly long wait. Congratulations Qahira!!! I'm so excited to have an art history research buddy over there!

Yay for us!!!

Congrats to the gulfies! I just received an email from the Egyptian commission that I have been awarded the research grant! Waahooo!/Ahamduillah! There might have been some delay on my paper letter because an official transcript fell through the cracks. thanks, big ivy league school, for NOT being on the ball.

The email did have my permanent address listed at the top, so it is possible that the official letter will head there, for anyone who may still be waiting.

I am in the lucky but difficult position to also have been awarded a fellowship from another institution. Does anyone have any experience combining grants?

Ranita, best of luck! Inshahallah I will see you in Cairo in the fall!

Oh what a wonderful reward after such a terribly long wait. Congratulations Qahira!!! I'm so excited to have an art history research buddy over there!

Yay for us!!!

I must not have gotten it :(

I didn't get that email...

Yay for us!!!

I got the same email! I'll be in Cairo doing research in 19th Century Egyptian history. Looking forward to meeting you both!!

Greetings from Japan!! I am so happy I have internet right now...my parents are checking the mail for me so I have to wait until I hear from them to find out if I got it. At least being in another country helps with the stress...I'm not able to go to the mailbox every 10 minutes (after driving to my parents' house after work lol). ALF MABROOK to all MENAers! I'm hoping to get my letter on Monday (unless it's a rejection, in which case, I don't want it at all!). Berlino--I'm so happy that you got it!!!!

Hoping I get an email with good news from my mom tomorrow, inshaAllah.

Malaysia grant folks--shouldn't we have heard by now, given that the letters were mailed on Wednesday the 11th? I'm on the east coast and still nothing...

Agreed. If no one posts good news or bad by this evening, it will be very strange. Which part of the east coast, btw?

Agreed. If no one posts good news or bad by this evening, it will be very strange. Which part of the east coast, btw?

Any word on Malaysia? I didn't get anything today. (North Carolina)

Edited by deepdishpizza

Nothing here in Pennsylvania either.

Hi,

I'm in California and just got my notification today . I was accepted to the ETA program in Malaysia.

I'm not not the google doc yet but I'll follow up with details later (currently traveling for work).

Michael

Congrats MENA grantees.

Just got my letter from UAE. I'm an alternate. I heard "small white envelope" over the phone & that was it... I didn't even need to see the letter :(

I am fairly sure there's no hope with an alternate status.

Bummer. Time to apply for jobs & more grant research.

Wish I was with you all!!!

Congratulations Bahrain, and Egypt finalists....

Noting for Malaysia in North Carolina today either. This delay seems bizarre. I'm so frustrated with this whole process... I wish they could just tell us over email like some of the other countries have done. It's 2011- nobody should be depending solely on snail mail...

Got my alternate letter yesterday in the mail for Malaysia.. Super disappointed but looking ahead for whatever is my next step.. Good luck to all those still waiting on Malaysia ETA's and big Congrats to all those who get the opportunity!!