Fulbright 2011-2012

crimsonengineer87

I emailed John as well about two weeks ago and I got the "mid-April" response as well. I'm a finalist to Mongolia; not technically Central Asia but it seems that it's just a generic answer.

I got the "mid-to-late April" answer for Indonesia. I guess we all know by now that the last week of March is not mid-to-late April.

Yeah, the last I heard from anyone was in January that I was a finalist for a full/research grant. Then I sent my transcripts off and got no confirmation that they got there. So now I'm just waiting and waiting...

As they say in Cambodia, 'same same but different'...

My friend who was on a Fulbright in Cambodia in '09 said she didn't hear until the last week of April, which sounds pretty consistent with what it has on the spreadsheet from last year. So three more weeks?

Another Macedonia ETA finalist, checking in. I've been lurking this thread since October, but I can't resist posting any longer, especially because Plan B and C decisions are starting to loom. And now that we know the letters should be coming in the next two weeks... oh, the anticipation! And thanks a ton, Pou Einai, for finding out the notification time frame. Good luck to the Macedonia people, and to everyone else who's still waiting, too!

Glad to hear from the Macedonia crowd. Is anyone else out there a finalist for the Full grant to Macedonia?

I had a friend who applied the last two years before this one and she found out both times in March. It is taking a little longer this year for some reason.

It's difficult not knowing but I am glad we have this forum. It reassures me that I am not the only one who doesn't know which continent he will be living on in the next few months.

I just recently found this site, I wish I would have found it earlier.

Anyway, I received my Germany ETA letter yesterday, and I received the grant! Hopefully everybody else finds out soon too!

Sub-Saharan Africa: Called Jermaine Jones today and got the generic response. He said judging by previous years he expects we should hear back in the next "several" :o !??! weeks.

On another note, I was looking over the spreadsheet from last year and it looks like no one on the list who made alternate in SSA was upgraded to principal :/

Edited by Loli

Congrats! Where did the letter come from? Where do you live? I'm really hoping I get my letter in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks.

I'm in CT (current address) now - postmarked 4/1, so I expect you'll hear soon. Good luck!

Edited by fiveonehalf

Hey folks,

You all have become somewhat of a family to me! We've shared heartache and happiness. Disappointment and delight.

Allow me to chime in with some good news! I received the "Manila Envelope of Goodness" today for an ETA slot in Germany!

So very happy!

Best of luck to all of you from here on out! The world is wide open to you.

Elevate,

-D

Hey folks,

You all have become somewhat of a family to me! We've shared heartache and happiness. Disappointment and delight.

Allow me to chime in with some good news! I received the "Manila Envelope of Goodness" today for an ETA slot in Germany!

So very happy!

Elevate,

-D

Yay! Congrats! Still waiting over here... my dorm takes forever to sort mail, I'm just dying thinking that whatever envelope is coming for me is sitting in a pile in the mailroom somewhere right now...

Sub-Saharan Africa: Called Jermaine Jones today and got the generic response. He said judging by previous years he expects we should hear back in the next "several" :o !??! weeks.

I

On another note, I was looking over the POspreadsheet from last year and it looks like no one on the list who made alternate in SSA was upgraded to principal :/

What????? That's unbelievable. No consideration for other opportunities (said "backup plans")? I have to tell my grad school by april 15. I've expressed this timeline and received the same generic response.

Edited by fryguy

Good luck and keep me posted if you hear anything! Mildly anxious as to why it's taking so long (well, you know, four whole days) for me to get mail from New York. Enjoy the beer and strengthen the liver for Germany next year!

Hey Elizabeth89!

The mail still isn't here! Yesterday I got it around 5:30pm so we'll see. I'm in Western Mass so I don't know how much of a difference that makes. I'm a little closer to NYC, I think, so we'll see what happens! I'm about to go sit by my mailbox with a beer to accost the mailman...

Good luck and keep me posted if you hear anything! Mildly anxious as to why it's taking so long (well, you know, four whole days) for me to get mail from New York. Enjoy the beer and strengthen the liver for Germany next year!

The mail STILL hasn't come! I think someone killed my mailman...

I just found out my acceptance too! So exciting! :) From a friend of mine who just completed the program in India, we do need to do the medical forms as soon as possible. She said that there wasn't as much information on the other things and you kind of needed to figure things out on your own, but I'm meeting with her Friday so if I find out anymore information I'll definitely let you know! :)

Just received my letter for a Korea ETA!

To others who have heard back already -- when/how do we receive letters/information about accepting the award? For now, is the only thing we can do to do the medical checkups?

There is also another forum just for the Korea program so maybe we can just all help each other out too :)

I just found out my acceptance too! So exciting! :) From a friend of mine who just completed the program in India, we do need to do the medical forms as soon as possible. She said that there wasn't as much information on the other things and you kind of needed to figure things out on your own, but I'm meeting with her Friday so if I find out anymore information I'll definitely let you know! :)

Hey folks,

So very happy!

Elevate,

-D

Congrats! It's about time German ETAs heard! It's much later than last year. I also find it odd that the full grants heard back very early and then there was that weird lull. So I'm thinking all German applicants (full or ETA) should be finding out soon ... I don't remember if there were still a few full grants waiting to hear back ...

Did you get a placement for where you'll be doing your ETA? I forget, but which states did you 'request'?

Edited by crimsonengineer87

Myacu!! I hope you can JOY ME TOO!! I am praying for you, love :).

Where are you located?

I'm in california! I go to UC Berkeley, I have literally been checking this site during class. Ok, I think for my own sanity I am going to go into hiding and you will hear from me when I find out.