Fulbright 2011-2012

crimsonengineer87

What? OMG!! So people are going to lose their jobs :(. This is terrible and where does leave us?

I don't think people will lose their jobs (yet). They will just have to close up shop and stay at home. It'll depend on Congress whether to give them backpay or not. This happened in '94 after the Republican takeover and it didn't sit well with the public. It's most definitely an interesting time in American politics.

Why does the spreadsheet have the header information in the middle and at the bottom of it and not the top?

Did someone mess it up again? Last night it was like that. I don't understand how someone could do that ... UGH. Lemme see ...

EDIT: All fixed!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AriON5PQlVdtdHlKMUhJYlo0bEVXREcxdlJVYUFibnc&hl=en&authkey=CNHpkd4P

Edited by crimsonengineer87

Did someone mess it up again? Last night it was like that. I don't understand how someone could do that ... UGH. Lemme see ...

EDIT: All fixed!

https://spreadsheets...uthkey=CNHpkd4P

I think what's happening is people are sorting the spreadsheet alphabetically or by status, date, etc. Since the headings are not set permanent on the spreadsheet, they move around as well. Is there a way for the admin. to set the headings so they can't be moved/changed?

I think what's happening is people are sorting the spreadsheet alphabetically or by status, date, etc. Since the headings are not set permanent on the spreadsheet, they move around as well. Is there a way for the admin. to set the headings so they can't be moved/changed?

Yeah, I can't do that. I only freeze rows. Whenever I sort, I know to start at row three. But it's way too complicated to include that ... I guess I could at the top row ... although if the rows are frozen they shouldn't be able to sort, but I see that people just unfreeze them. Plus, people apparently like to delete the first two rows including the title of the document. I don't understand why you would delete the title?!? I'll look into it, though.

EDIT: Actually, I've tried doing this months ago to no avail. Google docs is really clunky.

Edited by crimsonengineer87

Yeah, I can't do that. I only freeze rows. Whenever I sort, I know to start at row three. But it's way too complicated to include that ... I guess I could at the top row ... although if the rows are frozen they shouldn't be able to sort, but I see that people just unfreeze them. Plus, people apparently like to delete the first two rows including the title of the document. I don't understand why you would delete the title?!? I'll look into it, though.

EDIT: Actually, I've tried doing this months ago to no avail. Google docs is really clunky.

Well, you've already put a lot of work into that spreadsheet....(which is appreciated, btw). Google can be a bit of hassle sometimes, while at the same time, I don't know how I would navigate the internet without google.

Big congrats! I'm also an Indonesia ETA applicant, but I'm currently living in Germany so I'm thinking it might take a little longer for whatever letter to get here :/ Was the letter sent by IIE from New York or from Indonesia? Just basic snail mail? Thanks!

Did you win? Is your information in the spreadsheet?

What? OMG!! So people are going to lose their jobs :(. This is terrible and where does leave us?

I don't think people will lose their jobs, but they just won't be going to work. So, perhaps the processing of paperwork will be slower than normal. I'm wondering how all of this will affect alternates. What if Fulbright does not get any additional money?

Any news for South/Central Asia? Are other Bangladesh applicants just assuming that we'll hear at the end of April like the past two years?

Hey there! I applied for the Fulbright ETA to Bangladesh. I have been really trying not to bug Cara. I figure we'll hear something when we hear something. :-)

Looks like USG got an extra week of funding. That's good I guess... for now... we'll see what happens next week. Ugh, I interned at State last summer, I wish I was still there so I could just walk over to ECA and find out what the heck is going to happen. Hahaha. They probably don't even know though. Yay for bureaucracy.

EDIT: Never mind, got too excited and I didn't read the whole article, it's probably gonna die in the senate and Obama would veto it. Government, please don't shut down tomorrow.

Edited by jazzz

I have been keeping myself pretty calm considering the facts. Today I opened my mailbox and saw someone else's ESPN sportsmagazine taking up the whole thing. I pulled it out in disgust, only to find that there was a LARGE MANILA ENVELOPE behind it!

Full Grant to Ukraine. What can one even say?

Hey fellow Iceland people- it's been just about two weeks. Has anyone heard anything else from Rachel? If not, I'll volunteer to email her tomorrow.

Also, I noticed, interestingly, that we're all applying through creative + performing arts. Is your affiliation with the Iceland Academy of the Arts, or a local artist/performer/writer?

I'll (hopefully! knock on wood!) be working on an architecture project under the guidance of Studio Granda (a Reykjavik architecture firm).

УРА!

Now the real waiting begins.... Thanks for the update and congratulations!

I have been keeping myself pretty calm considering the facts. Today I opened my mailbox and saw someone else's ESPN sportsmagazine taking up the whole thing. I pulled it out in disgust, only to find that there was a LARGE MANILA ENVELOPE behind it!

Full Grant to Ukraine. What can one even say?

Looks like USG got an extra week of funding. That's good I guess... for now... we'll see what happens next week. Ugh, I interned at State last summer, I wish I was still there so I could just walk over to ECA and find out what the heck is going to happen. Hahaha. They probably don't even know though. Yay for bureaucracy.

EDIT: Never mind, got too excited and I didn't read the whole article, it's probably gonna die in the senate and Obama would veto it. Government, please don't shut down tomorrow.

I'm so worried about what will happen to those of us who are alternates.

Hey fellow Iceland people- it's been just about two weeks. Has anyone heard anything else from Rachel? If not, I'll volunteer to email her tomorrow.

Also, I noticed, interestingly, that we're all applying through creative + performing arts. Is your affiliation with the Iceland Academy of the Arts, or a local artist/performer/writer?

I'll (hopefully! knock on wood!) be working on an architecture project under the guidance of Studio Granda (a Reykjavik architecture firm).

I haven't heard anything additional from Rachel - my hypothesis is that "one to two weeks" is just the standard reply, regardless of whether we should actually expect an answer in "one to two weeks"... but if you want to e-mail tomorrow, that'd be great!

My application involves research through the University of Iceland.

By the way, did you ever hear from ASF?