Fulbright 2011-2012

crimsonengineer87

That's unfortunate. All of my summer plans depend on this notification since I got awarded a CLS as well (but can't accept it if I get the fulbright).

I also got the CLS award and I emailed my program director about what to do with Fulbright. He told me that many people are in the same predicament that we are, and that we should just go ahead and accept the award and that CLS understands if we have to turn down the award for Fulbright instead. There may be some fees we have to pay. Here's the emai:

A lot of students have actually been in this predicament. We cannot extend the deadline, but I would encourage you to accept the CLS award if there is a chance you would like to participate in the program. If you are awarded a Fulbright and need to choose between that and CLS, we will understand if you need to decline your CLS award at a later time. There is a slight chance that the CLS Program may have to charge you a fee for expenses already incurred toward your summer program.

Rachel had emailed me on Tuesday that the letters were sent out that morning (Tuesday morning). Hopefully they'll be here today!! I'm also in the midwest, so I feel your pain.

Oh, I see. Nothing arrived in the mail today so I'm guessing Monday something should come. Thanks for updating us on when the mail got sent out. Only thing is, I see that comradekari is in Missouri so I don't see why I'm not getting it today when I live in the Midwest as well. lol I know I'm lame. I've never clutched to the mailbox so closely before.

Pineapple Man, who did propose to work with at the CSISP? It's funny that you happened to apply to the same place since I don't think they've ever had a Fulbrighter there before. What kind of work did you purpose to do?

As of 12.07 pm I approved all y'alls requests to join the spreadsheet! Thanks!

Funny story. I forgot that I had requested permission to view the spreadsheet, so when I opened my email and saw a message with the subject line "Fulbright Resources and Notification Statuses", my heart nearly jumped out of my chest. It's silly really because I know our notifications aren't coming via email. Really. This can't be good for our health. When I go get my physical, I'm sure my blood pressure will be through the roof... and it will be iie's fault. lol

Can I just say that my heart nearly stopped when I got the email titled "Fulbright Resources and Notification Statuses"?! Haha, of course, I only saw the Fulbright notification status part. I didn't think I'd be this jumpy, especially since I know that we (MENA) won't be hearing for awhile.

Back to waiting...

Can I just say that my heart nearly stopped when I got the email titled "Fulbright Resources and Notification Statuses"?! Haha, of course, I only saw the Fulbright notification status part. I didn't think I'd be this jumpy, especially since I know that we (MENA) won't be hearing for awhile.

Back to waiting...

Lol I did the same thing...

What happened to the spreadsheet? I can't see it. It shows the "Google Log In" page again.

For the time being, we need people to sign in and "request access" to the spreadsheet. This guy was just messing around with it all morning. In this way, I can monitor all changes and find out who did what. This guy apparently wasn't smart and was logged into Google so I knew it was him messing it up since I see that. I hope it isn't a problem to sign into Google ...

Back to waiting...

Haha! Same thing happened to me. This is brutal.

For the time being, we need people to sign in and "request access" to the spreadsheet. This guy was just messing around with it all morning. In this way, I can monitor all changes and find out who did what. This guy apparently wasn't smart and was logged into Google so I knew it was him messing it up since I see that. I hope it isn't a problem to sign into Google ...

Do you have to make a Google account?

Both these programs are complementary, so CLS would understand if you declined it for a Fulbright. That's why they have that section on the CLS application that states that you can only choose one, either the CLS or Fulbright. If you have any other questions about CLS (even though this probably isn't the place for it), ask away! I'm an ambassador for CLS and went to Bangladesh the past two summers. Awesome program, I must say.

Yeah the CLS isn't an issue at all, my program director has been very helpful throughout the process. But if I do get the Fulbright I do have to arrange other summer plans and I would like to know sooner than later. I'm totally looking forward to either. Especially since if I do the CLS I get a summer vacation on a Mediterranean beach.

Edited by siuse

Rejected outright for Germany ETA today. Not gonna lie, very surprised by that news. But, hope you all have fun on yours next year (and hope I get off the alternate list for Austria), and thanks for being a wonderful group to freak out with while waiting :)

Hi,

I'm currently an ETA here in Madrid, and I will be here again next year. If anyone has any questions, you can put them on here (although I don't know that I will be on here very much) or e-mail me at j_hall06@yahoo.com. Just thought I'd try to help out a little bit =). Good luck if you still haven't heard anything! I know they didn't tell us last year until April 23rd or so for Spain!

Same thing happened to me too!

Another engineer! Have you found out about the Fulbright? Also, I see you applied for Boren! Wow. That's intense. Which countries can go to with Boren? Isn't that more geared towards political science type things? Or is that the Truman? Hmm. I get them all confused.

Another engineer! Have you found out about the Fulbright? Also, I see you applied for Boren! Wow. That's intense. Which countries can go to with Boren? Isn't that more geared towards political science type things? Or is that the Truman? Hmm. I get them all confused.

Truman is the political sciencesque field. Although, you can do what you want with either.

Rejected outright for Germany ETA today. Not gonna lie, very surprised by that news. But, hope you all have fun on yours next year (and hope I get off the alternate list for Austria), and thanks for being a wonderful group to freak out with while waiting :)

WHAT!? This BUMS me OUT! I'm so sorry. :(

Good luck with Austria!