American Studies Fall 2022

3 hours ago, commphdhopeful said:

i go to brown right now, so it was messaging from the program itself not the portal. feeling super discouraged, but waiting on a lot of other programs!!

Sorry to hear about that, do you know when are they going to send out the official results? 

44 minutes ago, commphdhopeful said:

brown is officially out! congrats to those who got in:)))

Hmm, I didn't get an email and there's nothing in my portal. Assuming that either my rejection is coming soon or that I'm on some sort of wait list I'm not aware of haha. Thanks for the update!

3 minutes ago, commphdhopeful said:

ughhhhh me too, i haven't heard a peep!!!

What has me extra anxious is my phone number changed so if they send out calls to accepted students (and if there is a possibility I am one of them) there is a decent chance I'll miss it. Not to mention the fact that is my last decision and the deciding one to if I go to Alabama or not.

2 minutes ago, PhoenixWrong said:

What has me extra anxious is my phone number changed so if they send out calls to accepted students (and if there is a possibility I am one of them) there is a decent chance I'll miss it. Not to mention the fact that is my last decision and the deciding one to if I go to Alabama or not.

i'll def let the forum know asap whether i get rejected or accepted. i hope u hear very very soon ❤️

2 hours ago, jpbends said:

Speak of the devil!

I just got an email from the DGS at UCSD Ethnic Studies saying I got in! I'm crying at work!

Congratulations!!! That's wonderful. You have two really great choices ?

31 minutes ago, PhoenixWrong said:

Anyone hear anything back yet regarding this? I've been eyeing the portal, this forum, and gradcafe like a hawk.

I haven't heard anything either. I think barely anyone has, so I think Yale is still pretty fair game for all us. Trying to remain hopeful lol!

14 minutes ago, ashwel11 said:

Congratulations!!! That's wonderful. You have two really great choices ?

I haven't heard anything either. I think barely anyone has, so I think Yale is still pretty fair game for all us. Trying to remain hopeful lol!

Yeah me too. It isnt always the easiest task though. Hopefully as @TheLastCastelian said it is all over sooner rather than later.

29 minutes ago, commphdhopeful said:

i'll def let the forum know asap whether i get rejected or accepted. i hope u hear very very soon ❤️

Thanks and the same for you and everyone else who applied ❤️