American Studies Fall 2022

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/30/2021 at 1:45 PM, jebbush2k20 said:

Anybody applying? Thought I'd start a thread. 

Have you looked at the University of Texas at Austin? There may be opportunities to integrate many of your interests and skills in innovative ways.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, jpbends said:

Today I've submitted my applications to Michigan for American Culture and Hawaii for American Studies! My research areas are focusing on the Philippines and Filipino America, specifically the function of folk creatures in the Philippine diaspora. Anybody else applying to these programs?

I applied to Michigan. 

On 12/1/2021 at 12:50 AM, jpbends said:

Today I've submitted my applications to Michigan for American Culture and Hawaii for American Studies! My research areas are focusing on the Philippines and Filipino America, specifically the function of folk creatures in the Philippine diaspora. Anybody else applying to these programs?

15 hours ago, ashwel11 said:

I applied to Michigan. 

Applied to Michigan as well!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2021 at 8:36 PM, jpbends said:

What's everyone looking to specialize in? Would love to get an idea of some folks' projects if they're willing to share!

I'm specializing in the intersections of race, gender, and class in regards to mental health - specifically looking at Black American women.  

Edited by ashwel11

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 6:51 AM, joshualuo7 said:

Any updates? I haven't heard back from any schools I'm applying yet

Nope not yet! Assuming some people will start hearing back to schedule interviews closer to the middle/end of the month. Trying to keep my nerves down in the meantime ?

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, nnchay said:

Hey! I wasn't the the person who posted  but I just got an email acceptance this afternoon for ASE.

Congrats! I still haven't heard anything from them. Do you know have they sent out all their acceptance yet?