HI, I would like to ask whether you think there's still some seat left for round 3? 
Also I would like to ask whether you think it's crucial to submit GRE score. Will it make the different much or not if I dont submit as this year it is waive. I have bachelor degree in econ, working in Central Bank in Developing country as a role similar to portfolio manager. Would I have a chance to get in?

Thank you in advance and congrats to all that receive the offer! :D

3 hours ago, StInWonderland said:

HI, I would like to ask whether you think there's still some seat left for round 3? 
Also I would like to ask whether you think it's crucial to submit GRE score. Will it make the different much or not if I dont submit as this year it is waive. I have bachelor degree in econ, working in Central Bank in Developing country as a role similar to portfolio manager. Would I have a chance to get in?

Thank you in advance and congrats to all that receive the offer! :D

If I understand correctly, getting in in round 3 is quite difficult. I got in with a scholarship this year by applying before the priority deadline and was rejected flat out in round 3 last year. There’s a chance you could get in, but it’ll likely be much harder than if you applied earlier.

Best of luck on whatever you decide on doing!

@PolicyApplier Thank you so much for your response! I'm fully aware that I was late (it's b/c previously I only focus on the course with Behavioral Econ so MPP really slip out of my focus). Later on, I saw some comment that MPP UChicago really gives you the chance to apply BE to public policy.
If you don't mind, can I PM you to ask further on the application?

4 minutes ago, Silva said:

I am positive for you. I got in the early action with a v good scholarship without submitting the GRE and 4-5 years of experience. I would say that it might reduce the chances of getting scholarship the later you apply, but I am confident that there are still places. Other schools such as Harvard, and Princeton are yet to deliver their acceptances and it is probable that some students will forgo of the Harris place for the other programs, so you just have to try your luck, hope for the best, and wait.

One tip I would give is to emphasize what contribution you can bring to the classes, eg understanding the challenges of supervising/regulating as a central bank in a developing country -> being able to understand what policies work and those that don't, the sacrifices and impact on the people and proposing how using Harris' evidence based approach will aid to refine this process. Since it is almost/or the last round you want to stand out from the students with no experience or have no idea what area they want to specialize in. Outline why they should choose you for the limited places left

Hi Silva! Thank you so much for your response and your precious tips, literally you are my saving angel at this moment. Scholarship wouldn't be an issue for me as my employer will fund this so my job right now is to try to get into this program. 
If you don't mind, I would like to ask further on the GRE waived part. Do you think it's necessary to emphasize quant skill in my motivation letter to compensate with this, or things that are in Transcript is already enough (I've taken courses like stat, econometrics, microecon)

Also can I ask whether you are in MPP, or MSCAPP? :D CAPP seem interesting but i'm not the best when it comes to programming. 

Thank you in advance!

4 minutes ago, Silva said:

Hi,
I would totally recommend it as it would boost your profile. Perhaps not in the essays , but there is usually a section for "anymore ADDITIONAL information". The essay word counts are limited and although I ignored the limit for the why harris and why policy question, you still want to reserve the word count for stronger points. If it is evident in your cv, then a short sentence or 2 should do the job. I basically didnt even mention any quant in mine. I did add that I will be doing some maths studies independently to catch up on statistic, calculus and algebra since I have not touched this since high school. I am also looking to start a r-programming beginners class in the next few months . Dont be scared I think more thank 70% are in the same both for the programming (which is mainly for data collecting, sorting and analysis)

I am an MPP student. Good luck and dont F it up :)

Let me know if you have any more question. Id be happy to answer

Thank you for your precious response! If you don't mind, can I PM you for further advice? :D

15 hours ago, StInWonderland said:

@PolicyApplier Thank you so much for your response! I'm fully aware that I was late (it's b/c previously I only focus on the course with Behavioral Econ so MPP really slip out of my focus). Later on, I saw some comment that MPP UChicago really gives you the chance to apply BE to public policy.
If you don't mind, can I PM you to ask further on the application?

Feel free to!

12 hours ago, flyingpegasus said:

can someone create a WhatsApp chat for this year's cohort? we had it last year was great to have  

Harris created a Slack group for all admitted students. Reach out to admissions and they should be able to get you in.

• 3 weeks later...

Heads up that many students who applied by the late Jan deadline heard back the second week of March last year. The emails were sent out on Friday, 3/06. Also, anyone here attending in-person events for admitted students this week? The campus tour was yesterday. 

(For those wondering, they hold two rounds. There will be a second for students admitted later so don't worry if you think you're missing out.)

Thanks for the heads up @Phoenix2021!

Based on the last year's record, I am anticipating that the Round 2 results will come out this Friday or early next week, which makes me so nervous.  

BTW, do you happen to know anyone attending MACRM program? MACRM is one of my top choices and I was wondering if this program really is a stepping stone for a PhD in Public Policy at Harris or any other top policy schools. 

I applied Round 2 - have not yet heard anything. Still waiting on a few other schools including Ford and Sanford, although I was accepted to their respective environmental management / environmental science programs a week or two back.

17 hours ago, HDBokchoy said:

I applied Round 2 - have not yet heard anything. Still waiting on a few other schools including Ford and Sanford, although I was accepted to their respective environmental management / environmental science programs a week or two back.

18 hours ago, Shinchan said:

Have any of the round 2 applicants heard back? 

I am also waiting for the round 2 result plus Ford and Sanford. Hope we can get an update early this week. 

An aside to this conversation, my applications were a bit rushed this time. I applied for MIT DEDP, Harris, and Brown. I had also planned for Columbia SIPA, but could not finish the application in time. My focus is on Energy Policy and International Development. I would like to know which are some other schools that have a good program in these areas, so that I can prepare better for next application cycle, in case I don't get acceptance in any programs that I had applied to this time.

Does anyone know how alumni recommendations help? I know many get their fee waived through alum reccs but is there any additional benefit? 

P. S: I am talking about Harris alumni recommending through a system they have, not them writing letters of recommendation 

9 hours ago, Shinchan said:

An aside to this conversation, my applications were a bit rushed this time. I applied for MIT DEDP, Harris, and Brown. I had also planned for Columbia SIPA, but could not finish the application in time. My focus is on Energy Policy and International Development. I would like to know which are some other schools that have a good program in these areas, so that I can prepare better for next application cycle, in case I don't get acceptance in any programs that I had applied to this time.

You will be fine. I am sure you will get into one... well, at least Watson. If you're still looking for other programs focusing on energy policy, Fletcher is a good one.