Got into Master of Arts in Public Policy with Certificate in Research Methods (MACRM) with 5k merit scholarship. Does anyone happen to know if Harris do normally increase your funding through scholarship award review? 

This is my top choice though 5k is still not enough to make up for the budget :(

1 hour ago, LadyMPP said:

I got conditionally admitted to the mpp program since my IELTS score for writting and speaking did not pass through 7.0. Is there any chance to negotiate to the admissions team? (International Applicants).

I would recommend you to take a Toefl instead. The speaking and writing sections for Toefl are easier than IELTS, though the reading and listening parts are harder.

7 hours ago, istayreal said:

I would recommend you to take a Toefl instead. The speaking and writing sections for Toefl are easier than IELTS, though the reading and listening parts are harder.

Thanks for the recommendation. Also, the minimum requirement for toefl is 95 overall. No minimum band req. Is it hard to get 95? 

On 3/13/2022 at 8:11 AM, LadyMPP said:

Thanks for the recommendation. Also, the minimum requirement for toefl is 95 overall. No minimum band req. Is it hard to get 95? 

Me too, I also got conditionally accepted to Harris. I plan to take TOEFL iBT instead of retaking IELTS. Hopefully, the score will exceed 95

Edited by GradStudent2022

Hey, I'm an admitted student who doesn't have access to the slack channel. I can't find or didn't get the link, maybe because I had to send in some official documents before I could be officially eligible to enroll. Can anyone share the link, probably by sending me a direct message if possible? Thank you!

4 hours ago, freebirdtraveller said:

Anybody has any clue whether Harris send out results in batches....I applied before the January deadline to MSCAPP

that's odd, I think all the MSCAPP applicants should've gotten their results from round 1 in February and round two just came out. Maybe double-check your application status then shoot them an amail?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2022 at 12:38 AM, HelloGrad0104 said:

Did anyone apply to the Pearson fellowship? Have you guys heard back?  

I am in an international applicant, I haven't heard back yet. I applied before March 15 2022. I fall in the RD 3 category. But according to their website, I should hear back by early April 2022.

1 hour ago, FluffyWombat said:

Anyone interested in the joint MPP/MBA program? I got in the MPP program but may have limited working experience for the MBA program. Wondering if it helps if I apply during my first year of MPP program? 

How you define limited? Generally speaking the rule of thumb is 2 years of work experience as a minimum for an MBA only (exceptions have been made at top schools for people with unusual/unique backgrounds, and I have seen 1 year work experience people make it). Getting into an MPP does kind of help you with having it count as 1 year work experience equivalent. That being said, MBA schools tend to be more competitive than MPPs to get into. Given how competitive U. Chicago Booth MBA is, they would really put the microscope on your packet for your potential competitiveness for MBA career outcomes (career outcomes is generally not that intensely considered for MPP applicants). 

I do know plenty of JD/MBAs and MD/MBAs with 1 year work experience. As long as you tell a coherent story and you have a competitive background to begin with, I think you should be fine. That being said, I have found 2 year and less work experience MBA students to be less informed and contributing students within such programs. 

Edited by GradSchoolGrad

3 hours ago, MPP2024 said:

Did anyone else apply for the scholarship reconsideration? It's so nervewracking having to wait until April 10 to hear back and then only 5 days to make a decision because this will make or break my decision.

I did, I'm still waiting on external funding too. But no matter what I've decided on UChicago

10 hours ago, Silva said:

Those up for scholarship consideration, has anyone's letter been removed from their portal yet?

As mentioned in the UChi email, it will be removed and then later replaced with a new letter later this week if you are successful.

Mine has been.