2022 Application Thread for Communications Program

9 minutes ago, THenri said:

Ohh, I am sorry to hear that. Cheering for u. I didn’t apply to NYU. What is the other school u are still waiting ?

Rutgers Anthro. Had an interview on Jan 24th which didn't really go well. They said they'll get back to me in 3-4 weeks so end of February

22 minutes ago, Ade08 said:

Rutgers Anthro. Had an interview on Jan 24th which didn't really go well. They said they'll get back to me in 3-4 weeks so end of February

Why do you fell it didn’t go well?? Fingers crossed!!! I did some interviews that I am also insecure about 

1 hour ago, Ade08 said:

So amazing to see all these acceptances! Hope everyone gets their dream school! I am still nursing two rejections (out of the 4 I have applied) and was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the MCC PhD at NYU. I saw an interview invite marked 'Media Studies' NYU last week of January but I have no clue if it was referring to MCC. Regardless, any update shall be appreciated in case I need to grieve a third rejection lol

i just got the invite to the graduate students of colour mentorship workshop at nyu mcc, not sure if it's an official interview or what, but i feel you on the rejection end of things. fingers crossed all works out for u ❤️ 

59 minutes ago, commphdhopeful said:

i just got the invite to the graduate students of colour mentorship workshop at nyu mcc, not sure if it's an official interview or what, but i feel you on the rejection end of things. fingers crossed all works out for u ❤️ 

Yeah I also someone mentioning that in the Pol Science thread. I think I'll just email a professor and ask for an update

1 hour ago, THenri said:

Why do you fell it didn’t go well?? Fingers crossed!!! I did some interviews that I am also insecure about 

Messed up my methodology question lmao and I could see the disappointment on the panel's face 

4 hours ago, THenri said:

Owwww congrats!!! Judith and Amelia. And you? I talked to 2 grad students, and they seem to be very happy there. I believe it’s a very supportive environment. Still considering 

Judith and Amelia as well :) Yeah I’m still considering too, it’s such a significant decision! Do you know when we have to decide by? 

1 hour ago, commphdhopeful said:

Omggggg! Congratsss! Happy for yout

38 minutes ago, Ade08 said:

Messed up my methodology question lmao and I could see the disappointment on the panel's face 

I am sure that if they liked you, this “mistake” won’t be huge enough as you think. I also answered some questions not the way I wanted to.. but it happens. 

30 minutes ago, Mariposaa said:

Judith and Amelia as well :) Yeah I’m still considering too, it’s such a significant decision! Do you know when we have to decide by? 

Omg what a coincidence!! I don’t know, but usually we can make our decidido til April 15. Are you expecting other results?

2 hours ago, commphdhopeful said:

Hey! I emailed Dr. Feldman for an update regarding the interviews and, bless this man's soul, he replied within an hour. He said that the Admissions Committee is currently in the process of sending interview invites and people who are not selected will also be notified soon enough. Hope that helps!

1 minute ago, Ade08 said:

Hey! I emailed Dr. Feldman for an update regarding the interviews and, bless this man's soul, he replied within an hour. He said that the Admissions Committee is currently in the process of sending interview invites and people who are not selected will also be notified soon enough. Hope that helps!

you're the BEST oh my gosh thanks for reaching out to them. love the program, and hope that you and i both get in ❤️ 

6 minutes ago, Mariposaa said:

Only from the big dogs like Upenn and USC, which I'm not expecting an offer from either. You?

Hmmm I am also expecting USC and UPenn! And northwestern I got interviewed, which is also a Top choice for me. USC is my dream school, but as I applied to the early deadline (01/11), I did many mistakes in my application ?

1 hour ago, THenri said:

Hmmm I am also expecting USC and UPenn! And northwestern I got interviewed, which is also a Top choice for me. USC is my dream school, but as I applied to the early deadline (01/11), I did many mistakes in my application ?

Omg so did I!! ? I Should have just waited for the regular deadline so I could’ve perfected everything. Maybe they won’t notice lol 

7 minutes ago, Mariposaa said:

Omg so did I!! ? I Should have just waited for the regular deadline so I could’ve perfected everything. Maybe they won’t notice lol 

Yeah!! And they’ve told me that the early deadline had not to do with funding once every student is fully funded. So I don’t know whyyyy they had this priority deadline ???

Just now, THenri said:

Heeey everyone!! I just wanna share with u all that I have been admitted to northwestern MTS PHD Program!! I have never imagined getting into one of my dream schoooools!! SOOOO HAPPY!!!! I also got admitted to UOregon today, but I will decline it!!

You are absolutely killing it this cycle!! Congrats!!!!

1 hour ago, THenri said:

Heeey everyone!! I just wanna share with u all that I have been admitted to northwestern MTS PHD Program!! I have never imagined getting into one of my dream schoooools!! SOOOO HAPPY!!!! I also got admitted to UOregon today, but I will decline it!!

holy moly!! amazing ❤️ 

1 hour ago, THenri said:

Wahooooo!!!!! Congrats - hope you are celebrating tonight!!