2021-2022 Application Thread

Theory007

6 minutes ago, Avocado_town said:

I'm expecting the same. Last year they sent offers by February 11, I think.

I hope so! From what I've seen the interviews from last year were atypical - covid measure maybe because they could only bring in a very small cohort. I haven't seen any interview notifications yet so maybe they aren't doing them this year. 

Long time lurker who finally got their account validation email.

I heard from one of my LOR writers that UNC met last week and should be sending out decisions soon. (LOR writer was recent UNC alum, whose dissertation chair called).

Did we ever see any Northwestern rejections or claimed acceptances?

Also, were all UMich rejections from Dr. Mickey? Or did I get that because he was a POI listed?

Best of luck to everyone this week!

6 minutes ago, Eliza1820 said:

Long time lurker who finally got their account validation email.

I heard from one of my LOR writers that UNC met last week and should be sending out decisions soon. (LOR writer was recent UNC alum, whose dissertation chair called).

Did we ever see any Northwestern rejections or claimed acceptances?

Also, were all UMich rejections from Dr. Mickey? Or did I get that because he was a POI listed?

Best of luck to everyone this week!

I asked about Northwestern when some acceptances came out and @CapTipps and @applicant19 claimed theirs ! I did see that Northwestern acceptances were spread out over a week or two in past cycles and their website does say that not all decisions come at once so I remain hopeful~

My rejection from Umich also came from Dr. Mickey and he wasn't my POI. 

I think some people actually claimed a couple of acceptances to Northwestern. In any case, Northwestern's webpage says that they don't send all their offers at the same time. 

Just now, Lighthopes said:

I asked about Northwestern when some acceptances came out and @CapTipps and @applicant19 claimed theirs ! I did see that Northwestern acceptances were spread out over a week or two in past cycles and their website does say that not all decisions come at once so I remain hopeful~

I tried emailing the department early yesterday, first to the general phd admissions email (which bounced back- "user unknown") and then the grad coordinator. Haven't heard anything back yet. At the very least, I wish they'd use a waitlist/rejection structure.

4 minutes ago, Eliza1820 said:

I tried emailing the department early yesterday, first to the general phd admissions email (which bounced back- "user unknown") and then the grad coordinator. Haven't heard anything back yet. At the very least, I wish they'd use a waitlist/rejection structure.

Do you mind updating us when they reply back??

43 minutes ago, Eliza1820 said:

I'm a Northwestern undergrad, we have heard absolutely nothing from the department. Last year rejections weren't sent out until the last week of February, so I'm keeping my expectations low.

5 hours ago, AnotherPerspective said:

Was anyone contacted by Colorado-Boulder for an interview/decision? These communications are usually released by now according to previous years. 

Hi, I interviewed at Boulder last cycle. From what I understand that wasn't common procedure, but they only had one spot in each subfield due to COVID/lack of funding.