2021-2022 Application Thread

Theory007

51 minutes ago, at1109494 said:

I think the three Yale postings were fake

They were definitely fake, but thankfully quite obviously so. Had a good laugh about it in the forums, but I guess it was more stressful for those who applied to Yale. 

I'm guessing Yale, Harvard, and the University of Pennsylvania may release their results (at least acceptances) next week--Penn even today. What do you guys think? My predictions are not always accurate haha.

That would be the end of my cycle, since I'm assuming rejections from NYU, Columbia and Northwestern. 

7 minutes ago, hanginthereJoan said:

Hi everyone—

I’m still waiting for results from USC, UCLA, UIUC, JHU, Northwestern, Georgetown and UNC. Should I assume its a reject?? Are any of you guys still waiting from these schools?

I'm waiting on Georgetown. I really wouldn't assume it's a reject from there -- I reached out to a PoI last week, and was referred to the head of admissions for the program. They JUST met for the first time on Friday (only a week ago), and said they are working through the recommendations for admission, etc.. I would guess that takes a good amount of time. 

Edited by kmccorm2

Just now, kmccorm2 said:

I'm waiting on Georgetown. I really wouldn't assume it's a reject from there -- I reached out to a PoI last week, and was referred to the head of admissions for the program. They JUST met for the first time on Friday (only a week ago), and said they are working through the recommendations. I would guess that takes a good amount of time. 

Thanks for the reply! I heard that some ppl were interviewed and already got offers. Hopefully we will hear from Georgetown soon!

22 minutes ago, hanginthereJoan said:

Hi everyone—

I’m still waiting for results from USC, UCLA, UIUC, JHU, Northwestern, Georgetown and UNC. Should I assume its a reject?? Are any of you guys still waiting from these schools?

I have heard from UCLA already (accepted), but I'm not sure whether they sent out waitlists yet. I haven't heard from USC and I'm waiting on it too. I didn't see any results or claims yet regarding USC though!

40 minutes ago, at1109494 said:

I can echo this as well

51 minutes ago, second-time said:

Hey all

DGS for OSU just answered an email of mine and said they are actually still working on official funding letters, so the initial prediction of having them by today was off. Just wanted to let everyone know who might be waiting.

Thank you for letting us know! This situation with OSU is killing me

30 minutes ago, hanginthereJoan said:

Hi everyone—

Still waiting on USC as well. 

As for the others, I think it is safe to assume rejections at UIUC and Northwestern (guys on the thread were talking about their dates/decisions some days ago).

13 minutes ago, polyglotaspiring said:

I have heard from UCLA already (accepted), but I'm not sure whether they sent out waitlists yet. I haven't heard from USC and I'm waiting on it too. I didn't see any results or claims yet regarding USC though!

Congrats!! Hopefully we’ll hear back soon, preferably by today.

5 minutes ago, CapTipps said:

Still waiting on USC as well. 

As for the others, I think it is safe to assume rejections at UIUC and Northwestern (guys on the thread were talking about their dates/decisions some days ago).

Thanks for the reply. I noticed the UIUC and Northwestern results posted, but this whole “soft” reject is killing me. At this point a simple I’m sorry email would be better..

2 minutes ago, hanginthereJoan said:

Congrats!! Hopefully we’ll hear back soon, preferably by today.

Thanks for the reply. I noticed the UIUC and Northwestern results posted, but this whole “soft” reject is killing me. At this point a simple I’m sorry email would be better..

Yeah, totally agree! I understand they're busy and all of that, but it's so disrespectful to simply ghost applicants. Btw, you can definitely reach out and ask for an update on your status.

1 hour ago, hanginthereJoan said:

Hi everyone—

Waiting to hear back from USC. I kinda have a hunch that we will hear back from them today (well more of a hope than a hunch lol). 

1 hour ago, hanginthereJoan said:

Hi everyone—

If you haven't heard back from UNC I think it's safe to assume rejection. In past years they have released all of their acceptances at once and then all of their rejections at once in late February/early March. It's a crappy way of doing things, but there's nothing we can do about it. 

So - has anyone here received an acceptance noticeably after the first acceptances and waitlists had gone out? Without a previous notification that they were on the waitlist? Still hoping to get accepted into some more programs and trying to stay positive here... 

1 hour ago, CapTipps said:

Yeah, totally agree! I understand they're busy and all of that, but it's so disrespectful to simply ghost applicants. Btw, you can definitely reach out and ask for an update on your status.

I emailed Northwestern on Monday at 10 a.m. and have yet to receive a response. The email address on their website to ask questions does not actually exist (it'll bounce any emails you send), so I sent one to the department. It's really crappy of them.

3 hours ago, Avocado_town said:

I'm guessing Yale, Harvard, and the University of Pennsylvania may release their results (at least acceptances) next week--Penn even today. What do you guys think? My predictions are not always accurate haha.

That would be the end of my cycle, since I'm assuming rejections from NYU, Columbia and Northwestern. 

I'm also guessing next week. Penn I think Feb 24 as per past records but let's see. Fingers crossed. What about cornell? They've been quite silent. Even MIT

26 minutes ago, nevernottryingtounderstand said:

So - has anyone here received an acceptance noticeably after the first acceptances and waitlists had gone out? Without a previous notification that they were on the waitlist? Still hoping to get accepted into some more programs and trying to stay positive here... 

Yeah, it happened to me and Irvine. Didn't receive a waitlist email but got accepted 1-1.5 weeks after I saw the first acceptance.

20 minutes ago, polyglotaspiring said:

Yeah, it happened to me and Irvine. Didn't receive a waitlist email but got accepted 1-1.5 weeks after I saw the first acceptance.

Thank you! That gives me some hope. So far, it's two schools, and somehow it's especially nerve-racking if you see the other acceptances, waitlists, etc. and you hear nothing...